MRI scan tomorrow-help

Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
I had one of my head a few months back and was ok, anxious but ok.

Tomorrow im having one on my spine and ive been told il be in the scanner 45 minutes...im not officially scared

I got thru the 15 mins on my head by breathing deeply and getting so anxious towards the end i was just about to press the panic button when the machine stopped

Ive no idea how to get thru 45 mins in a tunnel!!!!

Im BF so hopefully wont need the contrast dye. Im so scared!!

Anyone had a spinal MRI?
xxx

Ive not had one on my spine but had quite a few on my head that have lasted 45 mins. I have to have them yearly as i have epilepsy. With me they always give me headphones with music on and i always fall asleep, just shut your eyes and try and forget about everything. Always works for me. I hope it goes well x

thanks hun

they gave me music headphone last time but once the machine started i couldnt hear any music!!!

I agree with Jemma,try to focus on the music and keep your eyes closed.Try not to actually think of the situation you are in.Think of nice,happy things if you can.If things do get too much for you dont hesitate to press the button tho hun :hugs: My last one I was in for about half an hour.Ive got to go for another on the 20th of this month and have to have the dye,I havent had that before.The 1st time I had an MRI the doctor gave me a diazepam as I was anxious but the 2nd time I managed ok on my own,think its a case of mind over matter. :hugs: good luck,hope it goes well x

i had an abdo one and was in for that time.
it isnt nice but you need one,try to do deep breathing and think of lovley thoughts, kiddies, holidays.
tell them you are extremely anxious and they will chat to you to help you
good luck xx

i did it!!!

woop i AM super woman!
had one slight panic when the thing started moving cause i went super dizzy but apart from that i had ear phone and sponges so the thing was a LOT quieter than last time, loud music that came out of speakers inside the scanner and it was good they kept asking if i was ok and i had to have one section done twice because my deep breathing was moving my spine but yeeeey

just gotta wait a month for the results now!

Well done hun :hugs: least its over and done with now x

tis indeed and i know if i need another in the future i can do it!!!

OH is wonderful and treated me to new skirt and chips afterwards!
xxx

Glad it went ok, i hope the results come back ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back