• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mrs Kirwan To-Be's Miserably Waiting to set the date Journal!!

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
This probably doesn't merit the start of a journal to say im miserably waiting to set the date of the forth coming wedding to Mr Kirwan!:blush:, so while we wait I should probably write a little background information about how i became an ever frustrated Fiancee! :haha:

Me and Ian (Mr Kirwan), met on a small dating site, i joined purely out of boredom one evening, id just come out of a very disastrous and destructive relationship so i was in no hurry to find love again but joined to help me move on!. My ex was a total head case and messed me up, when i told him it was over he threatened to kill himself in front of me, the guy was a compulsive liar at every minute of the day and id had enough we dated for 6 months in total before i called it a day..Anyway i wont go too much into that part of my life!:wacko:

Anyway, back to the internet. About a week after signing up i received a message from Ian, i expected it to be another creepy message from some middle aged man who was old enough to be my dad trying to flirt with me:dohh:, but on clicking on the new message i saw a very sweet guy who'd written about 50 million words and each one made me laugh and hold my attention, He also commented about my picture one of his favourite bands is HIM and i had the poster in the back of my picture so he complimented me on that! :D, we started talking in February, it went on for weeks and weeks before i finally gave him my mobile number, we text each other at every minute of the day and i was so sure he was great for me, I got back in from college one night to quite a large essay!..He told me in short that he was falling for me really quickly and that we should meet:blush:, which bought a smile to my face!, i agreed!. We set our little date for 10th March 2010 at 12pm. The day of the date i was so nervous i could hardly eat breakfast. I told my mum i was going on a date but she didn't seem so fond unfortunately:nope:, I chose to ignore her and walk to town as id started a new exercise and diet regime and it was working great!, id shed 2 stone and got down to a size 12, almost a 10!

I arrived in town at 12 dead and saw him sitting on the bus station waiting!, i proceeded to scare the crap out of him by poking him in the back through the railing..It broke the ice and made us both laugh instantly:haha:, i was greeted with a hug and a cigarette:hugs: We went to the pub, had a drink and talked the whole day through and I really fancied him which was a plus!..We shared our first kiss at the pub, my heart jumped into my throat!:haha:

As time went by our relationship went from strength to strength, he met my parents who seem to take a shine to him which i was relieved about as they disliked all my previous boyfriends:haha:

After just 6 months together Ian popped the question, unfortunately it wasn't over a candle lit dinner, or at our favourite spot..It was over a text:dohh:, I was on holiday at the time with my parents in Cumbria and he let lose he'd got me a surprise gift for when i got back, now i really do hate surprises so while out I managed to prize it out of him even though i felt awful afterwards:cry:, So our engagement date stands at 15th September 2010 but i see our official one from when i got my ring 18th September 2010! :)

We've been through nearly 3 years of together (13th March 2010), almost 3 years of engagement, a pregnancy and a son and we still haven't set that date yet which really saddens me as when i suffered from baby blues shortly after Sebastian's birth he promised me we'd get married which made me so happy, but it feels like he's just dangling the bait!!..Im getting so frustrated:growlmad:, i understand that weddings aren't cheap but i just dream of my big Meringue dress, big veil and lots of bridesmaids!..But we're just so far from that i feel like i could cry:cry:...OH is 27 this year and I am 24 (this June)

So this is my Journal for the countdown to setting that date and finally becoming Mrs Kirwan..I may be here for some time!:nope:..So your welcome to stalk as wish =]

Welcome :)

The story of you meeting is so lovely!

Have you talked about when you'd like to get married to your OH, it must be so hard for you, I feel for you I really do! But don't let it stop you from planning, nothing better than having everything ready and all your ideas of what you want so when the time comes its there :)

Thanks for stopping by!:hugs:, I need all the advice i can get :blush:

So we've been together 3 years in 4 days, ive tried dropping subtle hints such as watching dont tell the bride..Ive actually gotten quite fond of that programme as some of the dresses and wedding ideas are stunning!:thumbup:

For my own wedding im actually torn between two themes!, at the same time i wanted a renaissance wedding as the game Assassin's Creed 3 really inspired me as it was set in the 1500's and all the dresses looked fabulous with their details but then again its finding a beautiful dress thats a show stopper as well as in budget, i can see why most bride to be's hire wedding planners!:haha:, and on the other hand id love a traditional wedding with a beautiful big white dress with a veil and all that sort of stuff..The mind really does boggle with all this wedding lark as the possibilities are endless!:coffee:

Ian's idea of the perfect wedding would be a registry office, a 20 quid charity shop dress and a massive booze up at the local pub..No offence to people who we're married in a Registry office as my parents we're married that way..In fact thats pretty much how their wedding went as my grandfather refused to pay for a big wedding for his oldest (my mother), but they've been going strong for 28 years..But for me you only get married once and id love to do it properly..Im going to brainstorm my dream dresses in this post, maybe i can narrow it down to a few select ones just in time for our eventual wedding...If it ever gets near!:dohh:

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvsi1EO2a1r940svo1_500.jpg
I love the colourings and style of this dress

https://catalog.costumes-period.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Renaissance-Styled-Silk-Wedding-Gown.jpg

https://www.dresseshop.co.uk/images/2013wd/organza-straight-strapless-neckline-ball-gown-style-with-handmade-flower-decorations-2013-wedding-dresses-814152.jpg

https://www.300shopping.com/images/13085471980.jpg

I think dress shopping will be my favourite part of wedding planning, that and trying them all on:haha:

Thanks for viewing my drivvel! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->