Mrsa

one of our twins got mssa a strain of mrsa alfie just had a antibiotic wash eveyday and drops in the eyes and nose and when he got discharged they stopped the treatment.

Yes my lo had mrsa. She was put in isolation and swabbed weekly. She wasn't treated for it as they said they had stopped treating it unless she got an infection and then they would give her stronger antibiotics to treat it as well. She ended up leaving the unit still positive.

She was in hospital a few weeks back with rsv and they swabbed her again and now she is clear.

How bad is mrsa? My other twin is home now and worried for her as her sister is positive with MRSA? I can't help but worry.

I think it depends on whether it is active or dormant. Many people carry the bacteria harmlessly for years and it only becomes a problem to them if they have an open wound or sore. If your LO is otherwise well, MRSA needn't be an issue. Just keep an eye on any cuts. Once it becomes infected, it can take hold very quickly so a trip to the doctors would be advisable. Other than that, the key is to make sure you are avoiding the spread of any infection. Keep up a good hand washing regime.

one of our twins got mssa a strain of mrsa alfie just had a antibiotic wash eveyday and drops in the eyes and nose and when he got discharged they stopped the treatment.

When u said they stopped the treatment does it mean she was tested negative from the mrsa?

When u said they stopped the treatment does it mean she was tested negative from the mrsa?

we got transferred to my local hospital they did the routine swab test and it came back negative so they stopped the treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->