mucus in baby stool

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi there,

My dd is 10 weeks old. From pretty much day 1 she has had mucus in her stools. Sometimes a lot, sometimes only a little bit its always present.
Her poo is normal yellow seedy poo but with the addition of mucus. She's a great weight gainer, great sleeper, content, no rashes, no blood in stool, rarely spits up.. her only adverse symtom is the mucus.

I have seen our GP (who used to be an ob), the child health nurse and most recently a board certified lactation consultant, and all 3 have said not to worry as shes thriving and happy.

Does anyones little one have mucus but no other symptoms? Are u concerned?

Thanks! Im such a worrier!!

Our pediatrician said if baby is happy and gaining then not to worry. My baby had mucus in her stool and a constant state of pissed off at the world so I gave up dairy and she is a happy baby now.

Our pediatrician said if baby is happy and gaining then not to worry. My baby had mucus in her stool and a constant state of pissed off at the world so I gave up dairy and she is a happy baby now.

Same here. Gave up dairy and totally different baby!

Mucus in stool but happy baby. Still eating dairy but might experiment without it.

It could be from swallowing saliva too? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->