Mucus plug & waiting with sex? Advice welcome!

FertileFlower

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I cannot find any info about when exactly the mucus plug forms? I'm guessing it's a process, but when/how do you know it's in place?

Can you ladies share this with me? Also, did you have sex through the
first trimester or how long did you wait? I am so scared of getting an infection or other irritation.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

My husband and I have always had sex all the way through the first trimester when I was feeling up to it.

When you say infections, do you mean a UTI? If so theyre pretty easily preventable. Fluids. Peeing after sex. Easy peasy stuff. And if you do get one. Most of the prescriptions are safe during pregnancy. I had gotten one right when I got pregnant with this baby, I know it was because I wasnt peeing after sex, but I didnt want to lose any swimmers. The bacteria I had was resistant to the antibiotic they had first given me, so I had to use something stronger, which apparently isnt the safest, but it was necessary to get rid of the infection and all was/is well. Im not sure of any other reason to be afraid of infections dtd.

Obviously talk to your doctor if youre concerned, but you should be just fine, assuming its a normal, healthy pregnancy thus far.

Thank you, Chickenmommy! I appreciate your response! Happy and healthy months to you and congrats to the third little one!!

I have a tendency to get quite severe and difficult to treat BV infections. I know that the mucus plug protects the uterus from bacteria traveling from the vagina and up there. So I was hoping to find out when it is formed.

Generally, it is perfectly safe to have intercourse throughout an uncomplicated, healthy pregnancy. Whether you want to is another story...

However, if you do have a history of frequent vaginal infections, it my be worth a call to your doctor to see what the advice is for your specific situation

Mucous plug forms around the 7th week. It's safe to have sex in early pregnancy. Like pp said, just make sure you pee and wash up.

I've spent most of pregnancy on pelvic rest due to sensitive cervix so not much advise from personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->