Mucus plug!!!!!!

Teresalovely

Reaction score
So I had a membrane sweep on Wednesday when I was 40+1, had a little bleed after she super sweeped me! I was only 1cm dilated and uneffaced, didn't really think it would have any form of effect on me.
I lost a little bit of plug a couple of hours after and then nothing, nothing all day yesterday just tiny bits of plug coming away...then today at 40+3, I've lost giant globs of snotty looking plug all day!!! (Tmi!) literally every time I go to the toilet and i wipe, it's there!
I rang up the assessment ward at my hospital, just to see if it was normal to pass that much plug, and the lady on the phone was trying to convince me that it was the Vaseline the midwife put on her fingers for the sweep....2 days ago! That was just really laughable! I think this was to prevent me from going to the hospital, as our local hospital are notorious for being busy busy!

So I'm a little confused...should I be happy that I'm progressing? How long after you lost your plug did you go into labour? I'd like to hear your thoughts and stories!

Sorry for asking but what is a mucus plug? I've heard about them but never figured out what they were & sorry to hear your hospital being so ignorant!

Not to worry :) mucus plug seals the opening to the cervix. The loss of the mucous plug mean that the cervix is starting to open! Just doesn't give you any sign of when you're going to go into labour, that's the frustrating part! :-(

I have bin losing mine for weeks. Unfortunately they can regenerate. I lost my whole plug day b4 having my dd but was induced at 41+5. I have had friends wait hours to weeks after losing plug. Hope it all starts of asap for u. F2f

with my first son , i lost a tiny bit of white stuff which was stained with blood , i mean tiny bit . And second son was loosing lumpy bloody stained stuff for days , very much what you described ,
but my waters didnt break for days after x

I had my membranes stripped at 40+2 (1cm, barely effaced at all), lost my plug and had a bloody show the next day... still ended up being induced at 40+6 for health reasons. My body just wasn't ready to start labor yet. Hope it's a sign for you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->