Mucus plug ?

mummof1

Reaction score
Can you lose bits of your mucus plug and it just rejuvenates itself ?
I had the biggest glob of clear mucus, it like fell out of me.. I felt it and went to the bathroom to see what it was and it was literally hanging out of me like this huge thick glob . I wiped it up and there was no blood or anything.
Is this just a discharge you get during pregnancy ? Or can you lose some of your plug earlier on without it being any sign of labor ?

You can lose parts and it regenerates. I think you only need to worry if there's blood as well.
You do also get a lot of discharge during pregnancy (it's such a glamorous time...)

I lost a little bit at 19 weeks with baby #2. Freaked me out. But all was fine. As long as theres no blood and youre not contracting, I wouldnt worry :)

Haha right ? Such a lovely thing pregnancy is lol.
I usually have regular moderate - heavy discharge that's thin watery and whitish.
This reminded me of ovulation discharge .. super thick glob and stretchy like jelly and clear/yellowish.
I've been reading sometimes you lose pieces and it can grow back too.
I also read the actual mucus plug you lose as a sign of labor is almost a cups worth of glob usually blood tinged !
I never lost my plug with my two boys or at least I didn't notice it !

It's totally normal! I lost bits throughout my entire last pregnancy and it got bloody at 39 weeks AND I was contacting, that's when my daughter was born. This time I've been losing bits too but not worried. Only worry if it's bloody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->