Multivitamin

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
My pediatrician wants me to start my son on a multivitamin drop right away. But I just noticed she didn't prescribe one or tell me where and what to get. The office is closed until Monday, which is when our next appt is. Anyone know what she is talking about?

William is only 5 days old, born at 35+5 weeks.

You can get them over the counter at any drug store. Poly-vi-sol or Tri-vo-sol. Make sure to mix with formula or breast milk, even tho it day you can give them straight. The nurses at the nicu said they taste so horrible that babies turn blue if you give them straight

Btwx they tore up our Lo's tummy. She had reflux and gas issues anywayst, do we decided to stop giving them. She is on preemie formula, which had added vitamins and iron anyway. I think they put all babies on them as a matter of course. It wasn't worth the 2 hours of crying for us. But she's sensitive.

We gave Elias Tri-Vi-Sol for a bit after he was discharged. The smell is horrible, and so is the taste, so I would advise mixing it with breastmilk or formula, even though that doesn't mask the taste completely, it helps.

We have abidec vitamins over here which we get over the counter.
They provided them in the nicu though and I just buy more when I need it. She's to be on them till weaning but the doc said up till a yr old.

It can be mixed with a little milk cause it tastes horrible but I give it to her straight cause she takes it fine

My LO is on dalavit drops :) i just buy them over the counter or at any supermarket x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->