Mum had to take Grace last night :(

A

AppleBlossom

All day yeaterday Grace whinged and whinged and I was getting to the end of my tether but I just got on with it.

My mum came round to see my new sofa while I was making dinner and I had to leave the room and burst into tears. OH came in and asked what was wrong but I felt so stupid for saying it. But it's just everything, us, Grace. I told him I love Grace but I hate being a mummy. So my mum offered to take her for the night. So I got a decent sleep.

This morning they brought her back and I felt a bit better if not incredibly ill. Then my dad starts going on about how I should get out of the house more and do something and how I can't expect people to keep looking after her so I can go off "swanning about" which made me cry again. I told them I was struggling and it was THEM that offered to take her. I go out rarely and one of the reasons I'm struggling is because I don't want to ask people to help me out and take her for a few hours. So I feel like it's a complete lose lose situation. My mum had a go at him and said I was entitled to have a night off etc. I know it's not Grace's fault that she gets bored and frustrated that she can't do much yet but it isn't my fault either and she has such a bad temper. I feel like my dad is still on his "I told you so" approach. When they found out I was pregnant he kept going on and on about "Your lifes going to change forever and it's going to be hard and it doesn't get easier" etc. Obviously I knew that but he still keeps going on about it. He also said not to rely on Jason to be there because just because we were close then doesn't mean we will be forever. Things aren't going great with us but I don't want to say anything because I know he'll say "I told you so".

I just want to run away, away from everyone and everything :(

:hug:

I feel like that sometimes too.

:hugs::hugs: We all have some moments like this hun! We need some time for ourselves xxx

I totally know how you feel hun, I've posted similar in another section.
It's not easy and I don't think anyone apart from ourselves knows how hard it is cause we are the ones who are doing it 24/7.
It was good of your parents to take her for the night, but when things have built up like that I don't think one night off would make everything hunky dory again. xxxx

I don't think any amount of time away from it all will make everything better. I hate that I've gotten myself into this situation in the first place :cry:

:hug: We all need a break, whether it is for a couple of hours or overnight, it makes you feel human again - Jack goes down my mums to stay every other Friday, as DH works away & comes home every other weekend, so I have him practically on my own everyday 24/7. By the time the Friday comes I am dying for some time off, as Jack is extremely demanding, he cries & whinges for attention if I put him to play on his own for more than 10 mins now, I can't even get my hair & clothes done most days recently as he also isn't sleeping well in the day (he is sleeping throough, so I have no complaints there!) I love Jack to bits & hate to 'moan' about him, but if you don't get it out somewhere we would go insane!!

*off topic* but my name is rebecca louise too lol

I feel silly for moaning about things because my life could be worse. But I'm the same, look after Grace 24/7. I can't put her down to play or go out because she gets in a temper and starts growling. She has never slept through the night so I'm always tired. I need to be constantly with her or she whinges and cries. Gross I know but I haven't washed my hair since the weekend, thankfully it doesn't look greasy so I can get away with it :blush:

:hugs: Sounds like you're having a rough time of it.

Firstly, no offence to your Dad, but ignore him... some people just don't get it and he clearly doesn't. You don't need to be worrying about him on top of everything else.

Do you ever leave her to cry? Just walk away and not give in to her demands? I know this is easier said than done, and I'm not a mother - it's way easier as a childminder to do this LOL, but maybe she needs to learn you won't pick her up every two minutes, and if she loses her temper let her cry it out. If she would settle on her own for longer, you'd be less stressed and strained I think.

I hope you feel better soon, and don't feel like a failure for needing help - everyone does now and then. xx

i have nothing to add really - but as others have said everyone needs a break or you'd go nuts!!

When I've had a rough day with Jensen, OH will look after him while I chill upstairs - but invariably that doesn't last long as I can hear him crying and have to go to him!

Could your OH not take her out for a few hours one eve/day at the w/e - to give you a break? Grace will have to learn not to be so clingy and have time with her dad etc.

I really sympathise with you, it's such hard work when they're so demanding. I'm very jealous of these mums who have darling babies who hardly ever cry. My lo is gorgeous but I get so fed up, he cries so much I've tried everything. I don't have any family near me so it's hard to have a break!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->