mummy why are there different santas??

kbwebb

Reaction score
so my 5 year old said to be and DH the other day, ' is there more than one santa?'

we asked what she meant and she said 'well when santa came in reception class last year, it was a different person than who came in nursery class when i was in nursery'.

we changed the conversation as i didnt really know what to say.

would you say that it is people dressed up?? They've got a visit to see santa near Christmas and im worried she will tell the other children he isnt real. or if we say that its someone dressed up she might start wondering if santa is real at all? :dohh:

I would just tell her that the real Santa is far too busy at the north pole getting ready for christmas so he has friends from the north pole who he asks to go and see children and get them all excited for christmas as he can't be in loads of different places at once. Sort of like a santa's helper type thing.

My DD has asked this in the past and we say that the other Santa's are helpers as santa is busy getting ready for Christmas eve!

We’ve always told Rio that Santa gets his helpers to dress up for him and report back to him as he’s far too busy. We had to, my stepdad runs an entertainment business and last year HE was Santa :haha:

I always tell my girls that Santa is far too busy so most of the time, people dress up as Santa as it is still very exciting for the children as you never know, it MIGHT be the real santa!

I told my kid that they are based on St.Nicholas a person who lived a long time ago and who died , and these days people get dressed up as that person . I also told her more about the seasons and the celebrations are based on seasonal celebrations from way before any other religions co opted those seasonal celebrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->