Mummys who had c sections...how did you feel after?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
As i ended up having a c section staright after i felt emotionally drained (and of course physically messed up)...i was really devestated...i just wanted to hold my baby...a c section i didnt even think of...i was really upset and felt hopeless not to metion helpless...did anyone else feel like this? I just dont think i was prepared...

I felt hopeless but my situation was much different. I also had wound complications. I never thought I would have a c-section, and it was the hardest surgery to recover from, Just take it easy for a few weeks :)

Yes Lady I totally felt that way. I could not even think of Bren's birth for the first week without breaking down and crying. I still get teary when I think about it. I had planned a home birth, and my body just totally failed to work. My contractions were 10 minutes long, and I could get no relief, and I was not dilating. My MW realized things were not going right, and said we needed to go to the hospital. At the point, that was fine, I broke, and begged for the pain just to stop. Once at the hospital, even with an epidural and pit, my body still would not contract as it should, and I was still not dilating. I was totally devistated when the Dr. made the call for a c-section. I felt totally betrayed by my body, and everyone around me, my DH, my mother and especially my MW. I was angry and sooo upset. Now with a month behind me, there is still a part of me that hurts over the lose of the birth I wanted so badly. Don't get me wrong, my baby's safety was the most important thing, but I still need to mourn for the birth I didn't get to have. I have had a hard time because I got pregnant the first month, carried my son easily, had no real problems at all in my pregnancy, then for my body to let me down at such an important time, well it is hard to come to terms with, but I am. I am now so thankful that my MW did not let me suffer needlessly. She saved me from having an even more tramatic birth experience than I did. I am still not afraid of labor, and totally want to go for a VBAC with my next child.

Samantha, I completely agree with having to mourn the loss of the birth you wanted and expected. I still feel the same way with almost 3 months behind me. I still have anger and resentment towards my OB, and with our next child, I know I will be much more picky with who I will see. I also plan for a VBAC with my next, and before I choose an OB they will have to agree to completely support my decision. I felt awful after my c-section. During surgery, I could only snuggle with Erica for a couple mins because I started getting really sick, and after it was still really hard. I couldn't change a diaper, help change her clothes or do much for almost 2 days while in the hosp. I was depressed because I couldn't take care of my own child. I recovered pretty quickly physically, but I think there is also a lot involved mentally with recovering from a c-section.

I'm thinking of a way I can do something for myself to remind me that I only agreed to the c-section to keep Erica safe. And remind myself that it was done out of love and concern for her safety. I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Sorry you feel this way:hug: You did what was best at the time, for the health and safety of your baby and you. I have had 4 sections and have no issues with it, emotionally or physically. Give yourself a big pat on the back for producing a beautiful baby and putting up with all those pregnancy discomforts! I believe you should not dwell on the past, you can't change it, embrace the experience , learn from it and move forward. I mean that in a non meanie way :hugs:

Burton, that is where I feel totally frustrated, I opted out of the whole medical loop, did not go with an OB, and chose a midwife instead. Just that lowered my chances of a c-section to only 1-2%. So in the end I just am so dissapointed that I had to be that 1-2%, why me? I am feeling better, I know that having had the section was the only way that Bren would have been born, my MW and the OB made the right call, and I delivered a very healthy son. I finally realized that I could wallow in my self-pity or I could cherish my darling boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->