Mums of more than one......

wtbmummy

Reaction score
When does it get easier?????

Ds is 3 and our dd nearly 4weeks. I struggle everyday!

Trying to sort them both out plus housework seems to be an impossible task that leaves me in tears everyday!

Ds has a very bad 3yo attitude which is not helping the situation as I am always telling him off for being rude. Hes even started hitting me!!!

Im just at a loss right now trying to get through each day feels like a marathon thats just never ending.

So can anyone tell me.... when will it get easier? :cry:

There's a saying, “The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most unloving ways” (Russel Barkley). If a child is crying out for more love and attention will act out more, having an attitude, hitting, getting attention one way or another. I am NOT saying you're neglecting your child, and I'm NOT saying you're ignoring them. I'm saying your child is asking for more. Even if you think it's enough, your child clearly doesn't think so. With a baby around, and possibly even when finding out he'd have a sibling, your child really started going through a lot of changes. It's so difficult to have a baby and parent other children and make sure all of their needs are met, especially if you're BFing and you're the only one who feeds the baby.

At least 15 minutes of one-on-one time doing whatever your child wants to do will really help. It gives your child control and gives them your undivided attention. No tending to baby, no cell phone, no answering the door, nothing. Just you and your son. :)

My oldest is only 5, and parenting has only gotten more difficult. I do one-on-one time with each of my kids every day, which is NOT easy when there's a new baby who needs constant attention, but it really helps to keep the kids from feeling jealous or left out, especially when there's a new baby.

There's a saying, “The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most unloving ways” (Russel Barkley). If a child is crying out for more love and attention will act out more, having an attitude, hitting, getting attention one way or another. I am NOT saying you're neglecting your child, and I'm NOT saying you're ignoring them. I'm saying your child is asking for more. Even if you think it's enough, your child clearly doesn't think so. With a baby around, and possibly even when finding out he'd have a sibling, your child really started going through a lot of changes. It's so difficult to have a baby and parent other children and make sure all of their needs are met, especially if you're BFing and you're the only one who feeds the baby.

At least 15 minutes of one-on-one time doing whatever your child wants to do will really help. It gives your child control and gives them your undivided attention. No tending to baby, no cell phone, no answering the door, nothing. Just you and your son. :)

My oldest is only 5, and parenting has only gotten more difficult. I do one-on-one time with each of my kids every day, which is NOT easy when there's a new baby who needs constant attention, but it really helps to keep the kids from feeling jealous or left out, especially when there's a new baby.

This is wonderful advice and I completely agree with the psychology behind why your son is acting out which is absolutely not a reflection on your parenting, it's just how he is feeling about the family dynamic right now. Having a newborn is a big change for everyone, especially a 3yo.

I have always found with my son, the days I have less patience he acts out whereas the days I'm calm, in control and give him more undivided attention I barely need to pull him up on anything. They feed off your energy.

You're doing great mama and I'll be right there with you in 5 weeks! Don't be so hard on yourself with the cleaning either..

Not easier but improves in different ways. My preteens are so hard!
I don't do housework if I feel stressed lol and make easy dinners until the stage passes xx

My boy is 4 with multiple special needs.
My little girl is 6 months old.
U fall into a routine at some stage without noticing
Which makes life easier cos ye all know what to expect.
Xx
I hve moments where both need me and I'm like arrrgghh which do I sort first.
Then I feel guilty but they r less and less.
U start to feel stronger yourself too, physically and hormone wise.
Which helps u stay calm xxx

Totally agree about one on one time.
Especially first thing in morn.
Start your day with even a min of one on one uninterrupted cuddles.
Sets u up for a much easier morning.
It does get easier xxx
It's always busy.
But u all start to cope better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member