Mums who have more than 1 - Did your labours start in similar ways?

Lucyjo81

Reaction score
Hey ladies :)

I was just wondering if there were any similarities between labour starting with each of your children?

With my daughter I had been having BH for a week before, getting stronger as the days passed. I lost my plug & the day after I went into labour however she wasn't born until the day after that.

It would be interesting to see if this one will be similar. Xx

Mine couldn't have been more different really. With my first I was woken at 5:30am with an almighty contraction and they were strong and painful and every 5 mins from then until midnight when they started getting closer together until he was born at 8:38am. With my 2nd my waters broke with an almighty gush at 9am, contractions started mildly at 4pm, got strong at 7pm after I was measured at 2cm and he was born at 8:17.

I'm hoping for a 3rd labour like my 2nd but I know now that you cannot predict a thing :haha:

My two were also very different. With DD1 I started with strong contractions every 5 mins and my labour was 7 1/2 hours waters didn't break until I was around 7cm hour before she was born. With DD2 I woke up at 3am to pee and when I got back into bed my waters trickled out. My contractions started 10mins later every 3mins and were so intense went straight to the hospital, she was born 2 1/2 hours from waters breaking. So both started differently. 1 week away from due date today and been in slow/pre labour for few days.

All mine have been the same. Waters broke then contractions start. Usually labour between 4-6 hours. Hoping this one will be the same :) x

First time I was induced at 41+5 and had no signs at all before induction. About 36 hours later i had emcs due to malposition.

This time I had a bit more BH but no real signs. I lost some plug around my due date, and had a slow leak on my waters from 40+2. It became green at 40+4 which is when I realised it wasn't just wee and went to hospital. Contractions started at the same time as the meconium water appeared but I was only 1cm dilated when I got to the hospital. I had a drip to speed things up and he was here 7.5 hours later.

Different here too.

First was back to back and needed a sweep to set him off 9 days over. We dtd all afternoon/evening after and bounced on the ball and stuff and things finally kicked off that night.

Second I was in latent labour on and off for about 4 weeks with cramps and plug loss and all sorts and then had some leaky discharge and plug and thought my waters had gone late one night at 38 and a bit weeks. Nothing happened and the next morning I had contractions all morning before going to the hospital to check my waters were intact and they did some swabs and stuff and then everything died down. The next morning I woke up and was in labour. So she was about 9 days early.

Wondering how this one will play out as I‘ve been having period pains in the evening alternating between front and back, presumably as he changes position, and he‘s engaged already and causing some serious cervical pain so assume I‘m in the latent phase again but know from experience how long it can go on for!!!! Guess it depends if he fixes himself engaged and in the right position or if he pops in and out and stays back to back.

Yes! My first and second labors I literally woke up in the morning with contractions and in true labor. About a week before both births I started having pretty intense false labor which fooled me every time because it literally was coming every couple minutes for an hour and then spaced out and quit. With both I lost my mucus plug about 2 weeks before birth. I was already 3cm with first and 4cm with second when labor started. We will see if this baby follows the rules and lets mommy get a good nights sleep before I go in labor! Haha :). This Sunday makes 2 weeks since my mucus plug came out. I'm currently sitting here at 3cm/60% effaced and a very low head down baby. She engaged this past week so, she's readyyyy!!!!

Hey for me yes the same experience - 1. No signs, contractions began by themselves at 5/5:30am 2. No signs, contractions began by themselves at 6/6:30am x

Interesting! I'm around 34 weeks along, but my bump hasnt dropped yet, and I dont feel heavy down there yet, I noticed that some woman seem like theyre already for labour at 37, 38 weeks, but cant imagine I'll be there so soon. Last dd born at 42 weeks, I wonder if this one will also be late! My last labour started rather slowly, was having contractions in the night all week, and the one morning they didnt go away and continued throughout the day, then got intense that night, i couldnt sleep for them that night, and the whole next day, baby wasnt born until that next night. I wonder how different it'll be this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->