Mums who suffered from SPD when pregnant...

Pixie19

Reaction score
Did it ever come back?!
Mine went straight after giving birth but seems to have come back really bad lately! It's worse then when I was pregnant!
I've been walking abit more then normal, but I wouldn't consider myself to be 'overdoing it' :/

Im on cerezette and it seems to have stopped my periods, could that be anything to do with it?

I play on the floor alot with Logan, and im constantly picking him up and holding him, but I have been doing that for 8 months without any problems :nope:

Please tell me it'll go again?!
I spent 20 minutes in a car today and then struggled to walk for nearly 2 hours after! :nope:

Yes sometimes mine play up when I've done a lot of walking or running around or picking ds1 up etc but eases off just as quick so don't worry give yourself some time to relax it'll feel better again :)

Also forgot to mention maybe the hormone changes caused by the pill might be causing your ligaments to soften up a little like during pregnancy so maybe that's why it'll hurt a bit? I'm not tell sure about this it's just a guess!

Mine hasn't but I just wanted say that I really hope your symptoms go away soon because SPD was hell on earth and I'd hate for you to have to go through that again!

Mine was really bad when I was combi-feeding, got better once I switched exclusively to formula. I get it occasionally still, mostly when I'm wearing a dress or leggings, my jeans must be supportive :) I hope you're not suffering for too long :flower: xx

4 months after DS was born, I was sitting down as I had been for about 10 mins and felt something twang. I've never been right since. They think my ligaments are sprained. I'm on my second long course of painkillers and its not healing. I'm an unlucky case apparently though.

After DS1 I would get the pains back when I got my period, so it could be to do with the pill you're taking. This time around I've had a few twinges but haven't had a period yet. It might be worth changing your contraceptive to see if it helps x

SPD is often caused by a misalignment in the pelvis that gets aggrevated by the stretching of your ligaments in pregnancy. Your ligaments might go back to normal for the most part after, but any new activities could cause the same sort of pain if the underlying problem was never treated. I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor or osteopath to have it tended to. I had horrible SPD starting when I was 28 week, saw an osteopath for 2 treatments and it pretty much cleared up by 32 weeks. Having a small baby can be rough on your lower back and pelvis because of all the bending and lifting, so it's no surprise it might flare back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->