Murder

H

HKateH

This is my LO's new favourite word. We have been trying to get him to say words like 'bus' and 'tractor' for months yet he picks up the word 'murder' after my husband says ONCE to him: "You sound like I'm trying to murder you" (after his bath). He has since repeated this word about six million times, even stretching to "Oh dear, murder!"

Guess now is the time to really watch what we say!

Anyone else's LO's pick up bad/embarrassing words?

My LO picked up dammit and said it a few times (from me when I dropped something on my foot!)- lucky I didn't make a big deal and she was over it in a couple days. I keep thinking she'll pick up way worse though! I was driving her to school this AM and chatting with my friend (via blue tooth)- so whatever my friend says goes through the car speaking... and of course, the F-bomb was dropped! :dohh: I had to remind her I was on speaker! Happened the other day too with another friend- and I'm sure I've said it out of frustration before too- although it's very rare... I'm trying REALLY hard to watch what I say! Thankfully LO has not used that kind of language... yet... eesh.

I once said for gods sake when something was going wrong and i was frustrated. Isaac spent days saying 'sake' but he proper had the annoyed tone there too and would say it when something was going wrong for him.

He heard my brother say oh god once and repeated that lots as well...... Not so funny when he was wondering round at church say 'oh god isaac' several times over.

My toddler always picks up our swear words no matter how infrequently they get said. He always puts them in context too which is hilarious - he once told my oh who he was following upstairs to f*** off out the way and then another time the cat came near him to which he screamed p*** off outside cat :blush:

My toddler once said "oh sh!t". He only said it one time though.

DS1 saw a guy on campus shoot the bird to a car. Now he raises his hand and wiggles his fingers and 'roars' at other grocery carts and cars that pass by. If only they knew what he was really trying to do with his hands...

Mine just has lots of sass and says 'See, I told you!'. Dad says it to him which is naughty. He's like 'hold the cup with two hands' cue child spilling it 'see, I told you to hold it with two hands'. :dohh:

DD has starting saying "dead" after I told her my phone was dead. And she also says "damn"'if someone drops something. It's so hard not to laugh lol

My daughter recently went through a stage of shouting "f**k" after every sentence! It was very embarrassing, especially as she hadn't long started a new playgroup (although a few people have told me this is probably where she picked it up). Thankfully it only lasted a couple of months.

Her latest thing is to tell me something then say "not really, I'm just saying that".. I prefer this stage! Lol

Oh I forgot.. Yesterday I asked her to tidy her toys away in her bedroom and she slammed her door and shouted "get out of my life" :dohh: I have no idea where she's heard that!

Ours is so embarrassing.. Micah sometimes basically humps his mattress when he's falling asleep, it's a comfort thing obviously nothing sexual. Then a while back he was half asleep and OH picked Micah up.. And Micah cuddled up to him and made that movement. OH said without thinking "don't hump me!" and now Micah knows what it's called! And asks questions like "can I hump on your bed?" or "is he called humpty dumpty because he humps?" :dohh:

Maria said "shit on a stick" once after hearing me say it, but forgot about it straight away. She tells the cat to bugger off a lot but that's not so bad. Surprisingly she hasn't picked up any other swear words as I tend to let them slip a fair bit and OH does too in Finnish.

The other day the cat was crying for me to pick up her plate and abby yelled 'oh shut up"- which my husband says to the cat more than he will ever admit

Holly went through a stage of babbling what sounded like 'got a gun!'

She says stick as 'dick'. When we go for a walk we walk past a big stick, but a few months ago she wanted to walk a different way, so we ended up missing the big stick that she loves seeing. She realised this as we were walking past a bus stop full of people, and started screaming 'a big dick! A big dick!' :dohh:

Oh I forgot.. Yesterday I asked her to tidy her toys away in her bedroom and she slammed her door and shouted "get out of my life" :dohh: I have no idea where she's heard that!

:haha: This totally made me chuckle!! :haha:

DD hasn't yet but my little brother (18 years younger) was obsessed with "blood" and "dead bodies". He used to say them all the time especially when we were out then laugh hysterically, it was so embarrassing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->