Mushrooms?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
I gave Sofia mushrooms the other night and DH flipped and grabbed them off her, said they were dangerous! We're talking shop bought button mushrooms. Any reason behind his madness, or is it just because he hates them so much??

Hi :) I've wondered about giving mushrooms too. I'm sure shop bought ones are fine! There's nothing in the BLW book saying we can't give them...

That's what I thought... anyway, I just went ahead and gave them to her because her Dad's at work and she likes them :) Actually, she went mad for her whole lunch, beef, roast potatos, mushrooms and green beens... she was picking up one bit after the other "mmm, mmmm, mmmmm"

Shhh, just don't tell Daddy ;)

i gave her mushrooms the other day when we were in a restaurant and she saved them in her belly till the next day when we were on the bus and i didnt have any wipes and she puked them all up again :sick:

x

I've given ellis mushrooms and its not caused any problems. Can't see any real reason for not giving them to baby but i guess there is the toadstool/fungus thing that might make some people bit squeamish x

I read somewhere but can't remember where that mushrooms are fine to give as long as they're well cooked, something to do with the fungus thing. So if we put them in lasagne or spag bol we just make sure they're fried off with the onions first.

Yeah I read to be careful and wash them really really well and cook them well. I think it's the fungus thing and the stuff they're grown in. :)

:wacko:

Now I'm going to worry she's been grizzly this afternoon because of mushrooms... I did wash them and they were cooked for 20 mins in olive oil.

Damn Miguel, I'd never have worried if it weren't for him!

I didnt know any of this...iv given LO mushrooms on a couple of occasions...at least now i know! x

mine never had mushrooms, but only coz i dont like them so i never buy them

I give Harley mushrooms all the time. And she loves them! :) yes those button mushrooms are safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->