Music and your baby.

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
Has anyone started to play music for their bub? I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks. I noticed when I played classical music that the baby will be really still and calm and just now I started to play AC/DC (lol) on the computer and now he/she is jumping around like crazy :rofl:. Its so neat. :cloud9:

LOL Yep I did that a bit when I was preg with my daughter! She didn't react specifically, but once we had her she LOVED rock music! I played all kinds for her when she was in my tummy. I guess she just took to Rock! She still jams out to Rock! When we're in the car she insists we turn on the radio, and she'll get mad if she doesn't like the station its on! :rofl: What a pain!

Haven't done this yet but i've been thinking about it a lot lately, want to get some headphones and put them on my stomache, don't know if it does anything but i'd think it'd be nice for them to listen to =]

lol yeah funny how some sounds comfort them also i always used to be watching eastenders so my daughter would fall asleep to the theme tune lol

I listen to music all the time so the baby will most certainly not miss out! As soon as those little ears are developed enough to hear she'll/he'll be rocking the womb inside lol.

Bubbas daddy is a guitarest. I go sometimes and alway keep watch for a reaction.

I don't usually get one, but last time Bubba was very quiet all night, I thought I had upset baby but then the next day good lord did bubba make me pay? I felt like a mexican jumping bean...:dohh:

I put head phones on my tummy when I am at work and the office has been quiet for a long period of time. I usually play soft/mellow music

Im a drummer, and my OH is a guitarist. I was a music production student up until last year so our house is always full of music. Hopefully our baby will take to it.

When my mum was 38 weeks pregnant with my little brother, she went to see Bon Jovi and he adores them now. They used to settle him when he was a baby as well :)

xxx

I studied music therapy at uni and I cant wait to try it out for myself!! When my mum was expecting me I had the biggest reactions to jazz music apparently. I now play the trumpet and was in an award winning jazz band for years!! Weird!

Thats so neat how babies react to music like that :cloud9:

I wonder what kind of music this baby is going to like later on :happydance:I listen to so many different kinds but he/she seems to like to dance to metal,dance and rap :rofl:

From what i`ve read it`s good to play classical music for them. It`s calm and soothing!

When are they able to hear whats going on outside?

Looked it up and its at 18 weeks that they're able to hear. So really soon for you :headspin::happydance:

Cant wait :) I think I said somewhere aboutn how important music is to me and my OH, and Im so excited to see what baby reacts to!

I hope it reacts well to the Backstreet Boys, then I can listen to them without getting shouted at :D theyre my guilty pleasure

xxx

:rofl:

I still remember most of their songs, I end up singing along with them if I hear it and my hubby always has a fit. He can't stand them :rofl:

Haha oh I know its terrible.

We usually listen to like... ACDC, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden but my 2 weakspots are Hanson and the Backstreet Boys and Matt HATES both!

:D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back