Must have baby item, not really thought of !

For me, the baby nail scissors were a must because I was always so tired that the nail clippers made me nervous. I was afraid that I would nip her finger. Also, make sure you take them in your hospital bag. When DD was born, her nail were super long and sharp... so bad that she scratched herself through the mittens that are on the hospital vests. And the nurses will not clip them for you here (don't know why, though).

It was also suggested to me that I bring a nail file to the hospital. I think that I'll be too nervous to use scissors at first, but a nail file could do the trick too.

The scissors are not sharp and have a rounded end with thick edges so you don't get too close and cut them too short. :happydance: I loved em. The files always just bent DDs nails in the beginning.

Most of the things we thought we "needed" were absolutely useless. Babies only need a few things (diapers, food) and you can get by without buying much of anything else or getting things as they come up. We did not need a crib, stroller, changing table, newborn mitts (socks work better), bouncer (useless at the newborn stage), swing, toys, ointments, creams, shampoo, a baby bath, and the list goes on! We had WAY too many baby clothes.

However, a way to carry your baby around, like a stretchy wrap (like a Moby) or a woven wrap, was EXCELLENT. The baby will want to be snuggled up close to you as a newborn, and a wrap lets the baby sleep cuddled against you while you're able to get things done around the house. Stretchy wraps work until around 15 lbs and woven wraps work from newborn to around 3 years.

I found keeping a gardeners kneeling pad (from the pound shop lol) in the bathroom was great for saving my poor knees when bathing my daughter. I used to put her baby bath in the big bath, if that makes sense. Also a foam bath support was fab to stop her slipping and sliding everywhere and more comfy for her too :) x

I'm going to say nasal saline spray and the little bulb that sucks snot out. As soon as we brought LO home from hospital he got a little cold and would struggle with his nose. This time round I'll have them at home incase, took a few days before I was told about them and got to the shops, helped LO breath at night straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->