MW appointment re: Home VBAC

How lovely! It's nice when you find you dont actually have to have a big fight! I know it's not the case for all women but I have to say my own MWs were/are VERY encouraging. And if they really want you in a medical setting then it shows that there is even room to negotiate the birth centre option in some cases!

Excellent! x

That's good!

I've got a MW appt on Thurs, where I might have to bring it up again (after consultant's appt) and slightly dreading it.... but she wasn't completely 'no' last time so who knows! :wacko:

Are you having an appt with your consultant?

Just came across this o midwifery today its US based but good nevertheless.
https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/homebirthaftercesarean.asp

Smokeyjoe MW said I'd need another appointment with my consultant, but this time I'll take hubbie with me as a bit of back up just incase. I'm in no hurry to get an appointment so will leave it to her! I know it will be tougher with him as he was the one who told me I wouldn't be allowed a homebirth, so I'm going totally against his advise basically. Something to look forward to lol!

I know what you mean :hugs:

When I went and she took my bloodpressure it was on the high-side - no wonder :haha:

Smokeyjoe MW said I'd need another appointment with my consultant, but this time I'll take hubbie with me as a bit of back up just incase. I'm in no hurry to get an appointment so will leave it to her! I know it will be tougher with him as he was the one who told me I wouldn't be allowed a homebirth, so I'm going totally against his advise basically. Something to look forward to lol!

I know what you mean :hugs:

When I went and she took my bloodpressure it was on the high-side - no wonder :haha:

Mine was too! and it has been absolutely fine up to then, but this time it was higher than my normal, luckily not high...! I don't want anymore things to argue against lol :haha: Good luck with your appointment!

Just came across this o midwifery today its US based but good nevertheless.
https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/homebirthaftercesarean.asp

Wow that is alot of information to take in! I'm going to have to print all that out and making a folder of my own to take to the consultant appointment with highlighted areas to remind me. Thanks for posting!

No probs...it is US based but most of it is relevant.

I was looking for an article questioning the wisdom of the magic 10cm to push rule but it been removed/moved and I cant find it any more...boo!

That's a great article Chuck - lots of stats to throw at people! :haha:
Also quite reassuring for us HBACers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"