My 1 and a half year old just rang 999!

When one of my daughters was younger she dialled 999 from my mother's house, she hung up when she heard the operator talk though. 10 mins later there was a knock at the door and the police were there, they asked my mum if she had any kids in the house, my mum was like 'yes why?' and he explained they'd just called the police and they had to come out and check everything was ok. My daughter nearly had heart failure when the police walked into the living room to have a word with her. :oops:

When my lo was 18 months old he phoned 911 then hung up I got a call back from them and I tried to explain that is was the 18 month old and I don't think they believed me:blush: so about 10 minutes later a officer came over and searched every square inch of the house lol it was so embarrassing :nope:

Omg mine did it once! I just heard 'emergancy services' and hung up!!! I was terrified I'd get a call back or police turning up at the house to check we were ok haha xx

my kids love playing with my phone and even though its locked you can still make emergency calls but they always tell me that they won't press the 9 button.

At the beginning of the year I was really ill for a few weeks with crippling headaches and high temperature and I was panicking that I would pass out so I told my eldest who is 4, that if I fell over and couldn't wake up then she needed to call 999. Its such a worry when you are on your own with kids, sometimes we don't see people for a few days at a time and if anything did happen, the kids would be on their own and no one would know.

I once dialled 999 when I was about two and got proper screamed at!
Lucas hasn't quite managed it yet but he has a habit of scrolling through my contacts and calling at random :dohh:

this is why i dont have a house phone.. lol
ide be sooo embarrised! xx

In Germany and some other countries it is 112 or 110 so less chance of happening :haha:

Lucas did it once when he was younger but he also hung up, i got a call back with a woman moaning about wasted time, she didnt even want to listen to how it was an accident and that we were sorry!

I understand that they get so many hoax calls and calls like this and yes I suppose it can waste time, but at the same time she isnt the only one responding and for the 30 secs the call was connected I'm sure we didnt accidently kill anyone, she wasted more time calling us back :shrug:

Lucas has been taught from a young age to call 999 if he cant wake one of us providing the other isnt there as both me and OH are diabetic, maybe I was having a snooze the time he did it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->