My 1 Year Old and water? help!?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Ellie2010, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Ellie2010

Ellie2010 New Member

Afternoon folks,

recently Ellie, who is one, has started going off formula Milk, however, has started on full fat cows milk, is refusing to drink either, she wont touch tap water (boiled) then then cooled.

So we purchased flavoured still water (MacB from Asda), which is sugar free, fat free,saturate free and salt free.

however,

Is flavoured still water safe? She seems very addicted too it, however, a quick google, and people say you shouldnt give your baby this, some people have said they do.

Any clarification?

Thanks.

2. milamummy

milamummy mom to Ella and Xavi

if it doesnt contain any kind of artificial sweetener I dont really see what the prob is??? Have you tried her with warm water? My daughter wont touch water unless its been warmed up, flavoured or not :)

3. gumb69

gumb69 No.3 on its way

My lo isn't a fan of water, so i bought the heinz apple juice. You are supposed to drink it neat but i dilute it with water and she drinks it yipee!!!
    so long as it's natural occuring fruit juices it should be ok, just dilute it if you are concerned.
    I said i wouldn't give lo fruit juices, but i had to so she would take extra fluids, best of luck