My 11/10/2011 baby-Isabella grace

jojo74

Mummy of ds and dd
Reaction score
Some of u may remember last week I posted on here as I had my 3rd sweep and had gone shopping and ended up home early as I felt 'strange'. I got home and mild regular contractions started, I had them all afternoon, they started to get more painful around teatime so phoned l&d they said get a bath, take paracetemol then make my way to hospital. We got to hospital at 7.30pm to be told I was 1cm! I decided to go home (btw after all my contractions, I got to hospital and they stopped!) anyway got home and by midnight I could no longer stand pain, off we went again to hospital, this time I asked not to be examined. At 3am midwife routinly checked baby heartrate and she wasn't happy so I was stuck on a monitor for over an hour. The doctor then said I would have to be induced there and then! U was taken to induction suite where I was given a gel, not long after contractions hit a new level! I had more paracetemol and codeine, they didn't touch the contractions! I was examined at lunchtime Tuesday and I was only 2cm, I could have cried! I asked to be taken off monitor and went for a walk, got back and I was in a lot of pain- I then cried, I was in a ward with 3 others, I didn't feel I had privacy to get through contractions, hubby then went in warpath to midwife, she came in, gave me gas and air, which was wonderful examined me, I was 3cm, then told me I was going to delivery room soon, soon couldn't cone soon enough, 2 hours later still no room, I then melted down again, cried and cried! She could see the pain I was in and took me to delivery! It was then that I asked for epi, anesthetist came quick, performed the epi, then went. I had maybe 20 mins relief from pain, then I started to feel pain on left side , mild at first but then it went really bad, they called her back, she made an adjustment and gave me an injection of something, not sure what but it relaxed me. 20 mins later I was practically crawling walls with pain, the contractions were coming thick and fast and I could feel everything! Back came the anesthetist, she said she could do a new epi, I was so out of it with the pain I agreed, don't know how I stayed still, but it was done and I felt relief! I could feel sone contractions in right side but nothing I couldn't cope with! My waters then broke on their own , I was examined at around 6pm and I was 9.5cm with a 'lip of cervix' I was examined again an hour later and I was fully dilated, midwife said she would give baby some tine to desend then I would push. She came in at 8.45pm, she checked me and said baby's head right there, she asked me to give a little push, I did and she couldn't believe baby moved some! Anyway with the next 2 contractions Isabella was born! Midwife couldn't believe how quick she came out! So much so second midwife wasn't able to get to us in time! We didn't know sex of baby, we already have a lil boy, we didn't mind what we were having this tine as we had tried for this baby for nearly 2yrs , but we were so overwhelmed it was a lil girl! 5 mins after baby born placenta was delivered. In the end, everything turned out great, I had to have couple of stitches but they were no where near as bad as I thought. Isabella is a wonderful baby, placid and great breastfeeder! We are just so happy, during labour I said to hubby never again, but now she is here would do it all again!

Hope I enjoyed reading, sorry if any sp mistakes, doing this on phone whilst isabella sleeping! Good luck ladies, see u in baby club xxx

Congratulations-my daughter is called Grace Isobella! Good name!
xx

Wonderful Story, thanks for sharing and congrats on your new little girl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->