my 13 year old wants the implant help !!!!!

im sry but i really disagree im young nd expecting iwas on birth control nd look at me now im no angle but i think thats telling her its ok to have sex nd its not nd i wouldnt do that as a parent because there are still stds out inthe world her askin is so she can have sex

i too think its great she came to you and asked, at least she is being careful about it hun xx

i've known a few girls that have had serious issues with the implants. they always wound up having to have them removed because of serious complications. I'm glad that she's talking to you about all of that but 13? So young! I didn't even think about sex when i was 13! and i'm only 24 now, but really. My friends and i were really good kids and didn't do any of that until much older. I didn't until i was married! so i can't even imagine at that young.

I do think its great that your daughter is talking to you about such a serious issue when a lot of teenagers would be uncomfortable talking about it.

I had an implant (Norplant) when I was 23 for three years, I hated it and it made me feel extremely anti-social (in that I just didn't want to be around my friends). I also hated the fact that I had something foreign inside me (it was in my arm), and if I thought about it for any length of time it really freaked me out. I also still have a scar on my upper arm from where it was inserted/taken out.

I really couldn't recommend as a form of birth control just because of the potential side effects.

I'm glad your DD came to you. I would speak to her about the emotional and social issues with becoming sexually active - which she may not realize right now. Try and explain she's still a kid and she may want to think long and hard about giving up her childhood.

I would also watch how much time alone those two are getting - if she thinks they have enough time alone to have sex...holy 13-14 seems so young!

Maybe the ring would be an option - since it's only once a month [in for 3 weeks out for a week] so it's less permanent than the shot or the implant but harder to forget. Also make it clear a condom should be used EVERY time.

My mother called me a whore when I went on the pill at 19 and I'd been with my then boyfriend for almost 8 months. So I went with a friend to the clinic and got on the pill on my own. That's so not the way to handle it either.

Just to update, her and boyfriend have ended it, nothing happened between them which i am glad about, but i am also happy that she feels she can come to me about anything, thanks for all your advice ladies x x

I was already sleeping with my bf when i asked my mum to go on the pill at 16. She may already be doing it. 15 yo boys are just walking hormones. It is sad really that children are making such bad decisions. i do agree with the other comments though. you are obviously a good mum if she feels comfortable enough to talk to you and she is clever enough to know she needs contraception.

It says an awful lot about your parenting that your daughter trusts you enough to talk about this with you. You have obviously created an environment where she feels safe and comfortable talking to you which is great and surely what we would all hope to do with our kids.

13 is so young though. Really scary that so many teenagers are at the point of thinking about sex at that time in their lives. This is going to sound awful but I am glad that the relationship has broken up and for now she has decided to wait. She sounds like a smart cookie though and very clued up.

I think it's amazing that your daughter can talk to you about things like this... You sound like an amazing parent! =] I'm 19 and I would never be able to talk to my mum about that stuff!

just read some more posts...glad shes decided to wait

I'm glad she decided to wait. I'm with most the ladies. It takes wonderful parenting for a child to trust her mom with this info. This what I would have done if it were me (you still may want to do these steps for the future), I would take a couple of steps with this issue. 1st look up possible side affects, and weigh the pros and cons, this way you are prepared for the talk. 2nd have that talk (I know you said you would) but do include your views on sex if you think she is to young tell her, my motto is if you want to have sex you should be ready for any thing that may come from it whether baby or std. 3rd if she really does want the implant talk to the doc and get some more advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->