My 2yr old wont eat veg - any suggestions on recipes that hide them?!

FinlaysMummy

Pregnant with 2nd child
Reaction score
Hi :hi:

My 2yr old boy will not eat his veg so I've taken to mushing and chopping them fine and hiding them in things he likes (the usual toddler favourites!). :muaha:

Has anyone any clever ideas on either recipes that hide veg, or clever ways to get him to eat them?

We've been slightly succesful with some things by giving them special names - eg sunshine carrots and spiderman ham, but it's not working on everything!! lol

I make a nice bolognaise sauce with hidden veggies.
blend cooked carrots, mushrooms, onions, courgettes and any other veggies you like, and add tinned toms and make as usual.
How about home made soup? Charlie loves veggie soup with homemade croutons or pasta swirls in it.

was gonna suggest hiding it in a sauce too :D pasta goes with most veg blended :D

Yep, good old pasta sauce. Whizz everything up in a blender - onions, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, and serve it with pasta or rice. Does the trick!

My little boy was the same so i used to make faces on the plate, with all the veg he loved it lol
Luv Cheryl xxx

Ive found that making it fun to eat them works. I will take it and act all goofy then I will eat one and he will want to do the same. Of course it always doesnt work if he just doesnt like the taste he will spit it out.

rasberry fingers maybe get some raseberry and put ur fingers in them so u have 5 on each hand and pop them off ur finger with ur mouth and watch him copy

liquidize the veg and put it with gravy, or mash it in with mash potatoes.

x

i mix my sons in ith whatever else we are eating, usually does the trick. Like i'll mix his veggies with his mashed potatoes or rice or whatever were eating. I just put it on the spoon together and he will usually take it.

You could try with certain meals to make fun things out of them, i.e with mashed potato, flatten and round it out and use veg to make a face or the sun etc, and find ways like that to make it more fun & appealing......x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->