My 4yr old has just been diagnosed with autism

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
hi my sons just been diagnosed with high functioning autism just a lil confused at the min and even though hes only 4 i keep worrying about his future is anyone else in the same boat? it just hurts knowing my lil one is struggling

Hi hun. My son was diagnosed at 5 and he is now almost 11. Did you have any idea at all?

:hugs: its 2 years today my little one was diagnosed. At first I was sad but you will soon embrace it.
Time doesn't need to stand still. The things he may struggle with he may excel at later.

Have they given you any support and what support does he have in place already?

iv knew deep down for a while but wasnt really expecting the diagnosis, pycholigists will be doing a home visit after easter to see how he is n his own surroundings then support is going to be put into place to try and get him back into school as at the min school is too destressing as he finds it to hard being around other children, tbh atm things are difficult because his temper is quite bad

My daughter was diagnosed at age 2 and she is now 10. It is very hard to accept at the beginning but it does get easier. You have to remember this label does not change your child and now you can get him the help he needs. So each year you will likely see what we see. .. leaps and bounds of improvements. My daughter has other medical issues and also anxiety disorder but we take each day as it comes and that is how we get through the tough times. Enjoy your child's milestones and try not to let it define him. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->