my 5yr olds behaviour is becoming out of hand....

CormacksGirl

Mum to Adam & #2 on the w
Reaction score
Please help!

His attitude stinks he will talk back, ignore me and has taken a swipe at me a few times! This has just started in the last week or so!:growlmad:

I have tried counting to three, taken away his toys,( which results in a tantrum, to be expected) I have tried talking quietly and getting down to his level and even shouting but it doesn't make a bit of difference!:shrug: I was going to try time out but I am 24 weeks pregnant and can't be physically lifting/restraining him to get him to stay there!:cry: I am going to have to start a reward chart again I think but I'm just sure how to go about it?I just feel so lost can someone help?:nope:

We're going through the same those days. I don't have much advice, the only thing that works is when I tell him that his behaviour is hurting me & I'm not talking to him. We talk about his behaviour at bedtime not immediately. I also use made up stories about the not behaved boy (imaginary name) and how Omar the well behaved boy talks to this boy and tells him how to behave right.

I also found that setting a schedule & tasks list with the time on it works for him. When he knows what he is expected to do during the day it makes it easier for him to listen.

I am still trying to find what really works, it is a new thing that started few weeks back, I think it is an age thing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->