My 99% perfect delivery of Elim Gaius 6/10/10 **UPDATED WITH PHOTOS**

lolababes

Reaction score
So I had a sweep on Thursday 30th by my consultant and didnt think it had done anything, plug went Saturday night then nothing, some very mild cramping Monday...... Tuesday I was getting pains but only slightly more than Monday so I got on with my day..... I posted on here about them getting more regular, went for a bath and decided I NEEDED to ring DH who was at work. He got home about 12.30am and we timed the pains but they had gone erratic again :dohh: so we decided to go to bed for an hour at about 1am.

I had about an hours sleep and woke to the pains every 5mins again, didnt wake hubby as I thought they would stop... how wrong was I? We set off to the hospital at 4.30am and the midwife monitored me. They were getting less frequent again but stronger and I was still only 1cm dilated. I was coping really well breathing and focussing about 10am (6/10) they took me through to L&D as I was high risk so they kept me in. I was examined again and STILL only 1cm and still coping with no pain relief.

We went for a walk to see if that would help and got a paper (incase it was a long day :haha:) DH went home for an hour at about 12.30 to sort some things out and I got an hours kip even though I was having regular contractions. They then got more intense and the gas and air was waiting. The midwifes changed shift at 2.30pm so I was examined again about 2.55pm and I was 3cm and as she was doing it my waters went OMG that gave way to some intense contractions!!!!! The m/w wasnt sure on babys position so she got someone else to check, 10mins later I was 6-7cm and gave the gas and air a go (wasnt keen but didnt want anything else). I was knelt up on the bed as it was the only way I could get comfy lol. By 4pm I was going to have some pethidine but after the midwife had got it I was over 9cm and wanting to push!!!!!!

Then it all went a bit mad. His heart rate was becoming a concern (dipping to 60bpm and only recovering to 90bpm in the end) so the consultant was called in to check and her registrar wanted me to go straight to theatre but consultant said no give her a bit longer. They put a clip on his head to get a reading as the monitor kept going off and I was told not to push (not easy when your body is telling you to). Next thing I had the IV access in (after 3 attempts!!) and was off to theatre. I had the spinal put in NOT easy when you want to push!! The consultant then put my legs up in the stirrups as she was going to do a forceps delivery but I still had a bit of cervix, he wasnt quite positioned right and I was starting to bleed... so c/s it was!!!

Elim was born at 5.39pm on his due date and is absolutely perfect. We were home by 6pm on the 7/10 and all the family love him. I will upload some photos later.

I am so happy with the way it went (bar the c/s) and would highly recommend hypnobirthing even if I only read the book!!! It really helped me focus and remain calm throughout.

Sorry that was so long :blush::blush:

Attachments

• DSC00336.jpg
    DSC00336.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00339.jpg
    DSC00339.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00759.jpg
    DSC00759.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 34
Congratulations, can't await to see the pics

Elbee x

congrats on the birth of little Elim. Hope you are all settling well at home now.

Hey hun, sorry you didnt get your VBAC, me neither but you dont really care once they are in your arms do ya?

Congratulations to you and your family, big hugs xxx

Hey hun, sorry you didnt get your VBAC, me neither but you dont really care once they are in your arms do ya?

Congratulations to you and your family, big hugs xxx

Exactly hun, as long as they are safe and well it doesnt matter xxx

I have added a few photos from my phone but still waiting for DH to upload the ones from the camera!!

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->