My amazing labour & pics

lillybells

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Here is my birth story, sorry it’s a bit late but have only just found the time and energy! My timings are a bit out no doubt but I will try my best!

Sat 11th am - I went to the hospital for a 2nd sweep and omg the midwife was vicious, however I was already 8 days over so didn't really care that much!

Sat pm - Me and OH went for a nice long walk to try and help things along! Then all afternoon and evening felt NOTHING, had no show etc so was preparing myself to be induced.

Sunday 12th 4am - Woke up to go to the loo and felt some pains in my stomach, but didnt really think it was much so got back to bed and was complaining to myself which woke my oh up, I still thought it was nothing as didn’t want to get my hopes up, We started timing the pains and they were lasting about a minute and were coming every 1-3 minutes, as they were so close together straight away I though it cant be it! I then rang me mum who spookily said she had woken up a little while before and couldnt sleep, she told me to ring the hospital, The hospital said to try and wait a bit and then come in.

5.30 - We drove to my mums house as she was coming with us and all my hospital bags were there and as soon as I got there I started throwing up and my contractions were a minute apart, I then said "Maybe I just have a stomach bug" :wacko:

I put the tens machine on which did help take my mind of the pain and we drove to the hospital which is about 40mins away, and the journey was horrid, I was in a lot of pain, and didnt even want my OH speaking to me and when he suggested putting the radio on I nearly killed him!

6.20am - Arrived at the hospital and was seen to a room by a very miserable woman, who I was praying was not my mw, luckily it wanst!

7am - A mw who was just finishing for the night came and examined me and said I was only in the early stages of labour and if i didnt live so far away she would want to send me home for a couple of hours! I was gutted as was in a lot of pain and though how much more can I take, although I must say the tens machine was really helping!

7.30ish - During a big contraction I felt a pop and my waters gushed, this really upset me for some reason. The midwife came and checked my pad for meconium which was fine.

All sense of time is now out the window... but roughly 45 minutes later

I was having contractions thick and fast and could feel this pressure to push the whole time, so my mum went to tell the midwife, who then came in and checked me she said I was 6cm! I couldnt believe it! I was then being for an epi, but was somehow talked round, so had a shot of pethidine and was puffing on the g&a which I dont think did that much, I was very out of it but not sure if it was the pethidine or the g&a, I guess a mix of the 2! Although I'm pretty sure my OH had more g&a than I did! lol With every contraction the pressure in my back passage was unreal and all I was talking about was needing a poo. And coming out with things like "I would give anything now to have a massive poo" and "honestly I just need a massive poo" With each contraction all I wanted to do was push!

A little while later the mw checked my pad and looked at OH and said pull that cord and you better go get her mum (who had just popped out), she could see the head, so turns out I was right and was ready to push. She then asked me to lie on my back as I was still on my side but it was way too painfull for me so she said I could go on all fours, after one push and owww the burning felling was horrible her head was out, before the mw had time to put her gloves on! I could hear everyone saying the head was out, by which point I said in a rather mood way"Can you get the rest out then please"

9.28 am the next contraction I pushed and she slid out! She was passed straight to me and I was the first person to see she was a little girl, sooo glad at this point I didnt find out the sex!

I felt like the luckiest person in the world and couldnt believe she was born less than 2 hours after being in active labour!

I was discharged at 3pm that afternoon and unfortunately I was rushed back in by ambulance that night with severe haemorrhaging (sp) and lost 1.2L of blood and very nearly had to have a hysterectomy! I was kept in for 2 nights, but I am nearly recovered now! The complications were alot worse than the labour but she was still definitely worth it!

Sorry if I have just babbled on, and it didnt make much sense! I have typed so fast my spelling and grammar is no doubt shocking!

So here she is baby Isla Rachel weighing 7lbs 6oz (even though the mw said after looking at my bump it is going to be no more than 6lbs!

Attachments

• isla.jpg
    isla.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 62531_10150260214650494_569355493_14794555_7503358_n.jpg
    62531_10150260214650494_569355493_14794555_7503358_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 62785_10150260215195494_569355493_14794560_7445958_n.jpg
    62785_10150260215195494_569355493_14794560_7445958_n.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 76
congrats... they never really know how much baby will weigh!!! she's beautiful. hope your recovery is quick.

Awww lovely!! She is so adorable hun, congratulations :flower: x

awwww that made me cry.. she is stunning

awwwwww thanks for sharing your story, and your daughter is absolutely precious.

Shes absoultely gorg, well done. Your one liners made me laugh too :O) xx

she is lovely!.. glad you are making a quick recovery after the scare afterwards!

Congrats. Love the name Isla....if we had a girl we was going to call her Isla...but we had a boy!! Hope your doing good now! :)

Wonderful birth story...and beautiful baby! Congrats!!

what a wonderful story and such a beautiful little girl (and name!). Sorry you had such a rough time at the end but great it worked out ok :flower::flower:

what a wonderful story - isla is beautiful!

Thankyou for taking the time to share this story with us...
Your daughter is beautiful..xxxxxx
:kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back