• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My baby barely sleeps

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My baby boy is 17 days old. In the beginning he was so sleepy because of his jaundice, and we always had to wake him for his feeds, and work to keep him awake while he fed.

Well in the last few days, he has barely slept. He doesn't cry... Only when being changed... But he just lays there, and blankly stares ahead. For hours. He grunts and squirms from gas but doesn't cry. He stays awake for 5 hours at a time, and I am worried because newborns aren't supposed to be awake for more than an hour and a half at a time.

My milk still isn't in properly so he feeds on the breast and then is topped up with formula (and the formula often makes him vomit). I am taking motilium prescribed by my gp, and fenugreek. I have seen a lactation consultant twice and was told he is latching properly.

I don't know what to do. I am worried about him :cry: I can see that he is so overtired, but just won't sleep. He is very congested right now too. I have booked an appointment with the dr for Thursday afternoon, and our local child health clinic is open on Thursday morning so we will go there then too.

Has anyone else been through this? Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Sounds a bit like my little guy was. The few "no sleep days" was a short phase though and after about 3 days like that he went back to normal newborn sleeping most of the time. Try snuggles and soft music and such? My LO is 4 months now and sense he was born he would have a few days here and there that he just didn't really sleep well. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->