My baby boy - born 17/11/08 - I ramble, apologies!!!

didda

Mummy of 2 amazing kids!
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for their kind wishes and a huge thank you to Sam for updating you all! Huge apologies to Alice, as my texts were playing up and I have found hers,and about 10 more!, sitting in my outbox :dohh:
My story... or what I remember of it!!! And I warn you I am rambling on and on and on.........
I went into hospital on Saturday evening to be induced as I was due date + 12. I went in about 4ish and they settled me in. About 6 a clock they did and internal put in the first pessary. It didn't seem to have any effect and they sent my OH home at 8 - I was a gutted as I had been told he could stay until they assessed me to see whether I needed another one later on or whether things had got going! Anyway, by about 11pm I was starting to have some contractions, didn't need any pain relief other than the paracetamol I had had earlier in the evening. They carried on until about 3am is and then strated to wear off, but because they had started they wouldn't give another pessary! (I am rambling... sorry!)
Anyway, they assessed me again the next morning and because the baby's heart rate was a little lower than it had been I had to wait to see a doctor before they would give me my second pessary. By lunchtime, I had this and then just waited! A few niggles, but nothing much else! :dohh: They checked me again at 6ish with the hope that they'd break my waters. When the first midwife checked she said I was about 2-3cm, but waters weren't breakable! So I would have to have a 3rd attempt and OH would have to go home again :hissy: She got someone else to check, as I started to cry!, they said that it would be possible to break them so I was shipped off to delivery! :happydance: (was having contractions although not regular at this point!)
Delivery suite was fab, music on the radio, lights dimmed and gas and air on tap! All good! The midwife broke my waters at about 9pm and then it was contractions all the way! Had a lovely bath and tried to rest inbetween but they were coming quite strongly. By about midnight I had to have some diamorphine as it was agony!, then I progressed well. By about 7.30 I was fully dialated and ready to push! I had three midwives in there all giving me instructions - Huge apologies to them all as I must have been horrid to deal with!!! - I was pushing and pushing but was in alot of pain as original dose of diamorphine had well and truly ran out and I was trying to just manage on gas and air. In the end, things weren't moving anywhere and I was in agony so I begged for more - not in my birth plan, but heigh ho!!! - they gave me some and then it seemed to be all systems go.
They went to get the doctors and after 3 hours of pushing there was still no sign - at this point I was exhausted - no sleep for 2 nights - and I just didn't seem to be getting anywhere! Doctors decided I was going to need some help so decided a forcep delivery was the way forward!
My baby boy was helped into the world at 12.06pm on Monday 17th November weighing a whopping 10lbs!!! No wonder he got stuck on his way! I think my quote when I saw him was "He is a toddler!"
He is absolutely perfect and I would go through it all again tomorrow (well maybe not tomorrow...!!!) The pain and stress disappeared the second I saw him!
So sorry for the long winded way of saying that!!!

Attachments

• Lucas.jpg
    Lucas.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 98
He's beautiful! Congratulations! xx

10lb! Big boy indeed! Huge congrats hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members