My baby boy is here!

2012bfp4me

Reaction score
I just wanted to share that I had my baby! Baby Cameron was born on May 18 at 11:02 am weighing 7lbs 14oz and was 20.5" long. Two days early. Labour was not at all what I expected.

Around midnight, I felt a strong pain in my abdomen. I tried to sleep but felt another one about 8 mins later. They started to come more frequently pretty quickly. Around 4:30 am I called the hospital to see what to do. They were coming every 3-4 mins. The triage nurse told me they should be so regular that you can set your watch to it and so strong you can't talk through them. She told me to have a bath or shower which would make them regular or stop them. Well, it did neither. I told DH that if they were gonna get worse then I would not be able to handle it. Around 8 am, my hubby went on WebMD to look up when to go to the hospital. By this time,I was not able to move from one room to the other without having to drop to my knees. I think I was hitting transition. At 8 am, DH said we should go to the hospital and get checked. He said if they send me home, fine, but at least we would know what was going on.

We got to the hospital shortly after 9 am and I was checked. I was 9cm! I was taken to a lab our room where labor slowed down a bit, I think because I was in a bed. The last cm took another hour or so. My water also didn't break until just before delivery. I used gas and air which I dont think did anything but hubby thinks it helped calm me.

Pushing was nothing like I could ever imagine. It was so intense! After only 20 mins of pushing, my son was born! I had 4 small tears that only needed one stitch each. All the nurses told me if I have more kids that I better be sure to get to the hospital asap considering I had my first baby after 11 hours start to finish!

Labour certainly was nowhere near as bad as I feared. Yes, it hurt but I didnt find it as horrible as my mind was making me feel. Pushing was far worse to me. I did scream and cry during that. The intensity is indescribable, but its all over instantly once baby slides out. The relief they say you feel at that moment is for real.

Ladies, trust your body and your instincts. Don't trust the experts if you feel you should be going in. If I had waited for my contractions to get regular, I would have had my baby at home or in my car!

Congrats hun wow lools like u got there just in time xxx

Fab birth story, congratulations and thank you!

Wow congrats, maybe a home birth next time that was amazing and quick. Way to go momma!

Congrats! Thank you for the awesome birth story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->