My baby boy Kaiden has arrived *Now with Pics*

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
So after 5 long days of being overdue my baby boy decided to make an appearance. We ve called him Kaiden Christopher and mummy and daddy are very much in love with our wee man :cloud9:

My story begins on the 19th September, I had been getting fairly painful braxton hicks all day, some of them bad enough to stop me in my tracks lol, but I had been having niggles for over a week so didnt get too excited. It was a saturday so we had our usual takeaway and xfactor evening, went to bed about 11pm and I started getting pains pretty soon after that. Started timing them at 11.30 pm and they were 5 mins apart and lasting about 40secs, knew this was the real thing as they came in waves and you could feel them building.

At about 12.30am I went to the toilet and my discharge was pink, started getting anxious so tried to wake OH but he kinda just rolled over lol dont think he understood what I was telling him :dohh: At 1am I went to the toilet again and on the way back my waters started leaking, woke up OH and I then had my show in the toilet. OH was great, and kept me calm, we phoned TRIAGE to update them and was told to take paracetamol and go for a bath. My contractions were still regular and 4-5 mins apart. Got out the bath about 2.30 am and my contractions started coming every 2-3 mins so I told OH to phone TRIAGE to say we were on our way in!!

3am- Was put on the monitor and it showed regular contractions, was examined and was only 1cm :cry: but because my contractions were coming frequently and I was in alot of pain I was allowed to stay. The MW ran me a bath as I wasnt in what they called established labour and I was given codiene for pain relief. Couldnt get comfy in the bath at all and I was having alot of pressure in my back passage sorry tmi lol. Got out and went back to bed, contactions coming thick and fast every 2-3 mins but the midwife said I wasnt in established labour and therefore they couldnt give me anything else and usually at this point ppl were still at home :growlmad: Ugh I hated her lol. Eventually I think she seen that I really wasnt coping with the pain anymore and she gave in and gave me a shot of diamorphine. It was great and let me doze off between contractions.

8am- allocated new midwife, she shows me how to work the gas and air, kinda gets a bit hazy here but I think I was still getting alot of pressure in my bum so the head midwife on duty agreed to examine me and hey presto I was 9cm, so much for not being in established labour!!! She also said I was very badly constipated hence the pressure in my bum, it was agony!!! Think it was about 10 am when my body started to want to push, it was just me and OH at ths point so I had to get him to buzz for the MW as I thought the baby was coming lol. The midwife said to go with my body and do what it was telling me but didnt encourage me to push at this stage. She inserted a catheter as I hadnt peed in ages but nothing came back. It was roughly about 12pm when the head midwife came back and she started to see the head and started getting me to push with the contractions, it felt like an eternity but Oh said it was only a wee while befor I delivered my babies head, the pain was unreal.At 12.21pm our baby boy Kaiden Christopher was born :cloud9: He weighed 7lb 10 oz and was 60cm long.

I had 2 hours of skin to skin and he pretty much breatfed from the time he was born :cloud9: He is a contented wee thing and me and daddy r very much in love with him :cloud9:

Attachments

• Photo-0082.jpg
    Photo-0082.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo-0084.jpg
    Photo-0084.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Photo-0087.jpg
    Photo-0087.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Photo-0088.jpg
    Photo-0088.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 80
Congratulations on the birth of your son! :)

Aw congratulations!!! He is absolutely gorgeous :D x x x x

Congratulations!! Your little boy looks so beautiful!!

awwww how cute he looks so perfect congrats xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->