My baby boy - Tyler arrived 2 days early!

Nessabella

Reaction score
Hello ladies.. hope you are all coping well :thumbup:

This is slightly delayed as the wee man will be 2 weeks on Tuesday but this is how he arrived......

Monday 29th Aug

4pm - Went round to my mums for a cuppa as I was bored sitting about the house, didnt feel any different really except some back ache that I was just putting down to the babys position that day. Had my cuppa and we were just in the kitchen chatting (5.30pm) when *pop* out of no where.. my waters broke and soaked right through my joggers as I ran to the loo. I sat there for a while just letting them trickle and laughing about the fact I had the OH's favourite joggers on - woooopsee hehe!!
Text OH to let him know as he was at work and phoned the MLU to let them know.. they advised me to head in at 8pm to get checked. Around 7pm I started to get tightenings and a bit more backache so had a quick bath before heading in to get checked.

8pm - Went in and got checked (car journey was uncomfortable getting there). The midwife when I first arrived was a bit rude and abrasive with me, basically writing off the fact that I was in pain. She found it hard to find the babys heartbeat so got the doctor in to do a quick scan and soon realised the baby was lying back to back with me. She strapped the monitor tightly to me and did an internal and I was only 1-2cm dialated. I couldnt believe it as by this time the pain was getting a bit more intense. Anyways in a rather rude manner she gave me a strip of pain killer tablets and sent me on my way and told me only to come back if the pain was all over my bump (as was mainly in my back at this point) or not to come back to 11am the next day if the pain doesnt get any worse.

9.30pm - Got back home after another 20 mins uncomfy car journey and this is when the pain really started to kick in. I took 2 of my tablets and went back in the bath.. couldnt settle as lying on my back was making the pain worse so up I got and started pacing the hallway... just pacing back and forward, back and forward and trying to breathe through the pain.

Tuesday 30th August

12am - Took another 2 of my tablets as the other ones didnt seem to do anything and lay down on my bed on my left side with a pillow between my knees. The pain was sooo intense but it was easier to control my breathing when I was lying down. I honestly lay there and thought I was going to pass out from the pain but I lasted until about 2.30am before I couldnt take it any longer and cried at other half to phone to say we were coming back in.

2.30am - Back in the car we got.. worse journey of my life. My OH still laughs at me now for trying to hold onto the roof of the car to escape the pain lol. Arrived back at the hospital and got the dreaded same midwife. This time around her attitude had total changed and she was sooo nice and understanding... she must just be cruel to be kind at the start! Anyways I got my second internal and I was 8-9cm dilated. I couldnt believe it... no wonder I was in sooo much pain back at the house, I progressed soooo quickly. The midwife explained that the fact I had been up and mobile had done me the world of good and thats what I had progressed so well!! After my internal she said that there was still a bit cervix or lip stopping the baby from coming down further so got me to push a little to see if it would help but no joy.

3am-7.30am - This is a bit of a blur as I was given two shots of diamorphine for the pain and sucked the hell out of nearly a full bottle of gas and air (amazing stuff). I asked for an epidural but as I had a temperature and had been put on a drip for it, I wasnt allowed one. I was left to see if I could progress further and the doctor come back at around 7am to check me 1 last time. I was still 8-9cm and I had two options.. start hormone drip with a very good chance of forceps delivery due to the babys position or an emergency c section. As I knew I wasnt allowed the epidural to help the increased pain I would have got with the hormone drip, I opted for the section as I just wanted it to be all over and my baby here safe and sound.

8.15am - Baby Tyler was born weighing 7lbs15 and 54 cm long via a section with a spinal block. The section itself was painless.. never felt a thing and the whole team that was there were amazing... made me and OH feel at ease all the way through it! Defo a positive section experience!

We got home on the Thursday and are settling in well. Nothing can prepare for the sleepless nights and constant worry you have for your baby but it is all sooooo worth it!! :cloud9:

This turned out alot longer than I thought.. well done if you managed to read it all hehe :haha:

Attachments

• IMG-20110830-00022.jpg
    IMG-20110830-00022.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG-20110903-00037.jpg
    IMG-20110903-00037.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 99
I managed to read it all!! Great story and so glad everything turned out well!! hes gorgeous!! xx

congratulations, hes beautiful:) i managed to read it all i love reading birth stories gets me all excited :D

Congratulations! It sounds like you did really well :thumbup:

He's gorgeous looks so tiny in that 2nd pic, congrats xx

It was very well written hun :thumbup: Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy :hugs:

I read it all, it was a great story thanks for sharing, your baby is gorgeous xx

Congratulations! Have to say, that was really well written :)

Congratulations - he's beautiful x

I have a question when they did the scan and saw baby was faced the wrong way why not just give you a section then? Instead of going through a day of pain and no vaginal birth, I dont understand.

I could have given birth vaginally with baby back to back.. it would have just been alot more painful I think. It was me that stop progressing at 8cm or 9cm.. thats why I ended up with the section. Does that make sense? :) x

Oh ok I see, glad it worked out and you and baby are healthly he is a cutie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->