My baby hates her Little Lambs...

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
Everytime I go to put her in them, she screams the house down. However, when my mum puts her in disposables (even when I pack her LL) :roll: when she babysits, she is absolutly fine.

I don't know if I maybe fasten them too tight? She soaks right through them really quickly as well.

Any ideas for a different type for a happier baby?

it may be that they just dont work for her. I would say probably go for a pocket nappy with a fleece or suedecloth inner to keep her bum nice and dry.
Bumgenius V3, WeeNotions, Blueberry, Swaddlebees, Fuzzi Bunz are all ones Id suggest to try out. Fuzzi Bunz perfect size are slim, Blueberry Side snaps are nice and slim too and Weenotions are just lovely! I know a lot of people here really like BG V3s, they didnt work too well for us but they are certainly worth a try.

have you tried them with a fleece liner - they will act like a stay dry barrier between her and the we nappy.

There's the BnB nappy library if you want to try some different types before you buy :)

i'd defo reccomend trying somethign else....maybe its cos they are quite wide in the crotch .... or could be like the others have said and its cos she is feeling a little damp ....hope you find something that works :)

I'd second the fleece liners. Also, are they cotton or bamboo? Adam never complained about either but I thought the cotton could come up a little rough sometimes, even when washed with Bold 2 in 1 and tumbled, and a baby who is very sensitive to that might object. Liners would help, to a degree, but perhaps not around the waist. I love my LLs but if they aren't a good experience for you and your LO I'd give something else a go.

Yep, we'd been using the fleece liners too, but they still seem pretty wet on her bum. We were using cotton, bamboo and microfibre nappies; I got a bunch of each type to see which ones were working the best.

Thanks for the advice; I'm gutted because I've put her back in the disposables at the minute, hence removing the 'fluffy bum' tag from my sig; felt like a fraud. Need some new reusables sharpish. But she was just getting so upset.

Perhaps she doesn't like the feeling of being covered in fabric if she objects when the nappy goes on, are her disposables quite loose round the bum? Adam has almost always been in disposables at night (pressure from OH that I couldn't be bothered to fight) and they *are* a lot lighter and looser fitting (aside from round the waist obviously) and I am sure that contributes to the non-wet on the skin feeling of disposables. We also use BumGenius pockets and I think they don't feel quite so snug (tight).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->