My baby is not named after an assassin!

Little Muffin

Reaction score
Me and my partner has absolutely fell in love with our boys name, Harvey Lee. The only problem is when I tell people the name they automatically think of Lee Havey Oswald.
We named him after my partners grandfather who passed away. Lee has no sentimental connection, but I just think it sounds absolutely perfect. I've looked all around with my partner for another middle name that sounded as good with Harvey, but we can't picture it any other way.

People also mix it up thinking it was Harvey Lee Oswald. Ugh. Luckily by the time our son is in school they never really get called with their middle name or anything.

I know its not much use now but in 100 years people wont remember.... their are hundreds of Amelia now despite the fact it was the name of on of the most vicious of the Victorian baby farm mass murderers

what Lee Harvey Oswald did was disgusting but was in reality only 1 murder by comparison (and lets face it not as sick as a torturing 100s of babies) if the media kill off the story people will forget

Harvey Lee does flow really well! I think it sounds nice... And I wouldn't have made the connection if you hadn't brought it up.

I guess you either have to live with the fact that people will make the connection and bring it up occasionally (I have something similar with my son's name, and it's annoying, but I wouldn't change it if I could go back in time), or see if you can find another middle name you like?

But you're right, most of the time he won't be called by his full name anyway, so perhaps it doesn't matter so much?

He'd likely be referred to as Harvey Lastname anyways so I don't think it matters in the slightest. People will think what they want to think regardless, and every name will have a negative opinion from somebody out there.

Other options that sound nice with Harvey (just for fun):
Harvey William
Harvey Lucas
Harvey Christopher
Harvey Davis
Harvey Mitchell
Harvey Elliot
Harvey Scott

My cousin is called Harvey Lewis ......

and on the matter of people making comments about the name my eldest daughter is called Neli she is named after my great nanny Nelly she always has comments one time some woman said is she named after nelly the elephant?!?!?! To which I replied I was going to call her humpty dumpty but decided against it and went with the elephant instead! Hahahaha soon shut her up anyway :haha:

people will always comment and think you want or need their opinion no matter what bame u choose so my advice is.... do what u want he is your son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->