My baby's going to be a preemie

Emma.n.Chloe

Reaction score
My water broke at 26 weeks and 4 days. Now I am in the hospital being monitored for infections and contractions... They've told us the closer we get to thirty two weeks the better, but after that they would have to do a c section because the risk of infection would get too high to go any further... So, all we know for sure is that even in the best case, our little girl is going to be at least 6 weeks preemie, and I'm kind of scared of what to expect. She could be here this week, or next month, there's no way to know. Waiting is hard, but the longer she stays in, the stronger she gets... Right now, according to the ultrasound, she only weighs 1 lb 9oz... we need her to grow and get bigger! I miss my family a ton, the closest person to me here is my husband, and even he is an hour away, stuck close to home to work extra and support us! I have tons of family and support, but we are all new to this preemie idea, and I miss my first born a ton! She is 2, and doesn't understand what's going on. Because of the miles I only get to see her every other day or so.

Good luck, look after yourself and ask for more info/a tour of the neo natal unit. Fingers crossed for you and your family.:hugs:

Good luck, dear! :hugs: Rest well! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your little one stays put for as long as possible.

:hugs: I know how hard it is lying in hospital waiting as I was in for a month when I got an infection which triggered my labour. For that month I was on antibiotics and had blood taken every day.

Although your baby may be smaller than average their organs will still be developing to the gestation you are in your pregnancy. I was always told size wasn't the most important factor. My daughter was 1lb 7oz when born.

I hope your lo keeps cooking for many more weeks.

Good luck xx

I hope your baby stays in for a bit longer, everyday counts x

Thank you everyone, we hope she does too! Family is coming to visit today! Cant wait to see them!

:hugs: try to rest. I hope you're lo stays put as long as possible. The moms on this thread are amazing, they provided so much hope and inspiration to me while I was waiting for my little preemie to be born.

come on little one, keep on 'baking' a bit longer! :thumbup: And yes weight is not the most important factor... my son weighed a measly 1lb4oz, the weight of a 23 weeker. But because we reached 27 his brain and organs were developped enough - fast forward a year and he's doing GREAT. You want to aim for 28 (brain finishes developping) or even better, 32 as your doctor said (lungs are mature).

Keep us updated! There are ladies here from all different ages of preemies so there's always someone who can give practical advice :hugs:

We welcomed 1 lb 11oz Chloe Lynn at 934pm on 9-14! Shes doing great! Came out cry and breathing on her own!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter. It sounds like she is doing well.

We are all here if you have any questions.

Good luck x

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter. Keep strong she is doing great x

Congratulations - sounds like LO is doing really well. We're all here if you need us.

My baby was born at 27 weeks exactly, weighing 1lb 13oz, and she's now a hyper active 18 month old :)

xxxx

Congratulations! Let us know how she gets on. (And you of course!) :flower:

Congratulations! I'll be looking for your updates :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl! I'll be thinking of you guys! :flower:

oooh congratulations! Welcome to the world Chloe :hugs:

Chloe is 11 weeks old today! She weighs 5lbs 6oz. Everything is wonderful except her eatting. She can come home as soon as she starts finishing her bottles, she has horrible acid reflux and has associated the pain with her bottle, so we have to coax her into eatting, it could be a few more weeks. We pray to have her home before Christmas! Thank you so much everyone for keeping posted on her well being. We can't wait to have both of our girls home for the holidays!

Hurray!!! Thank you for the update! That`s a good weight. Glad to hear Chloe is doing (generally) well :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->