My beautiful daughter born at 34+6

Crunchie

In shock mummy !
Reaction score
Hi all I started my ml on Thursday the 11 august - work kept laughing that I would be bored being at home for 6 weeks before lo was due

I finished work at 4.30pm and at 5.30pm my waters broke at 34+1 .... at hospital I was told that I was not having contractions but they wanted to admit me to start antibiotics and given a steroid shot - they would not stop labour.

After a 5 day hospital stay saying they wanted me to now go home and have regular outpatients appts and they would induce me at 37 weeks.

I went home monday night and woke up tuesday morning at 4am
With a bad back ache ... I had my appt at 11.am and again told I was not contracting .... After an exam they found i was 6cms. .... My daughter was born 3 and half hours later at 5lbs 6.

After a 4 day stay we are now home..... I know how lucky i am as we only had one night in scbu ...

Mentally is where i think I am struggling the most ..... I never expected to have my baby so soon, I don't feel ready on so many levels ...... Peoples comments that i know are not meant to upset me do ! I also think maybe some baby blues have hit on day 4 !

Thanks for reading x

CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: :happydance:

Have many people said that to you yet? You'll probably find that some of your friends & family are in shock too, as they didn't expect you to have your little girl so soon :)

And personally I think you're suffering shock rather than baby blues. Of course you aren't ready - you thought you'd have six weeks to prepare for this mentally and probably also practically. Do you have everything you need? These people who are making comments, put them to work for you - send them shopping, get them to make spare meals to put into your freezer, things like that. Anything that helps you to spend this extra time with your little girl, rather than worrying about stuff not done.

You may also be feeling a little guilty ("Why couldn't I carry her to term?") and relief ("Thank goodness she's okay") and elation ("Wooooohooo, I have a baby!") ... To be honest, you are feeling so many emotions just now that you will be tired and confused - and then they expect you to look after a baby too? :haha:

Sit down, take a deep breath, and look at your daughter. She's beautiful. She's perfect. And she wanted to get to know you as soon as she possibly could. She will probably go through her life always wanting to do things before you expect them. And you will love her for it.

:kiss:

CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: :happydance:

Have many people said that to you yet? You'll probably find that some of your friends & family are in shock too, as they didn't expect you to have your little girl so soon :)

And personally I think you're suffering shock rather than baby blues. Of course you aren't ready - you thought you'd have six weeks to prepare for this mentally and probably also practically. Do you have everything you need? These people who are making comments, put them to work for you - send them shopping, get them to make spare meals to put into your freezer, things like that. Anything that helps you to spend this extra time with your little girl, rather than worrying about stuff not done.

You may also be feeling a little guilty ("Why couldn't I carry her to term?") and relief ("Thank goodness she's okay") and elation ("Wooooohooo, I have a baby!") ... To be honest, you are feeling so many emotions just now that you will be tired and confused - and then they expect you to look after a baby too? :haha:

Sit down, take a deep breath, and look at your daughter. She's beautiful. She's perfect. And she wanted to get to know you as soon as she possibly could. She will probably go through her life always wanting to do things before you expect them. And you will love her for it.

:kiss:

I really want to thank you for this post, I have been trying to tell my husband all of what you have explained above.....but instead he is faced with a blubbering mess.

I really did have a lot I wanted to do in those 6 weeks so everything was perfect for her...... I suppose the guilt comes when becoming a mother.

It has really helped to read this and I am sure when I get a wobble I will be back to read this and know that I am "normal "

biggest hugs - thank you so much :hugs:

Getting weepy at 4 days PP is perfectly normal even with a term baby but i think its made worse by having a preemie, you have more to make you cry over. I can remember not being able to find my hair brush set me off bawling like a baby 3 days PP.

Your baby wont know or care that things weren't completely set up for her arriving, all shes cares about is having mummy and daddy there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->