My best friend's baby

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I went to visit my best friend today- she has a gorgeous 6 week old baby girl. I know that all babies are gorgeous- but she is stunning beyond words! Id love topost a photo of her to see if you all agree, but prob shouldnt as she isnt my baby to be showing off! lol! :rofl: She is 50:50 Chinese:caucasian, and is just gorgeous- lots of dark brown hair, big brown eyes, perfect ickle nose!

Anyhow (i do ramble on!) i had a good cuddle of her today, while she was asleep, n was so happy holding her all scrunched up n sleepy! I just kept lookin at her and thinking "what could ever be perceived as negative about this?" OH wants to wait to have kids, because he isnt ready. N the more i think about it, the more i think- what isnt to like? Why are we delaying this wonderful opportunity? What is so terrifying that we have to put off all the good stuff?

I feel so down now, because i really dont understand where he's coming from. He's told me why he wants to wait- but (n this is going to sound so stupid) i forgot the reasons almost as soon as he said them, maybe its because i was so worked up and in absolute hysterics at the time n i wasnt thinking straight or listening properly. They werent major reasons, just the usual- freedom, too grown up etc. But this is going to happen anyway!! Why not now? :cry:

Sorry, i just needed to rant.

awww bless! It's difficult isnt it - especially when you've had a cuddle with such a cute little baby!! Men can be hard to talk around - it is a big change for them - probably not as big as they imagine it to be, but it is big all the same! Maybe it is worth having another discussion with your OH and see what he says? My hubby went on and on for ages that he wasn;t ready and then just all of a sudden started changed his mind and now he's all for it!! x

Oh dear, I know how you feel as my cousin has 4 kids, another 2 and I just keep seeing pregnant ladies all over town, apart from a work mate that's 6 months pregnant and another has a 1 year old... I want one!!! Until when does OH want to wait? I would love to start TTC but have a couple of things I have to sort out so we've settled for dec '09... Don't get too upset, it won't change anything in the short run. I recomend talking about it with OH in a relaxed manner and setting each one's expectations, pros and cons... I hope you feel better soon. xxxx

Awww hun :hugs: :hugs: I think if i hadnt had Tabs i would be in the same place as you my OH was in NO way ready to have children... till he had one sprung upon him :lol:
You'll have your own little munchkin soon hun :hugs:

Oh its so lovely to have a good old cuddle....I have a 5 year old cousin who is a little dark curly haired boy and when he hugs me and gives me a smooch, I melt....and completely forget that two seconds ago he had been running around like a looney with no switch off button xx

Oh its so lovely to have a good old cuddle....I have a 5 year old cousin who is a little dark curly haired boy and when he hugs me and gives me a smooch, I melt....and completely forget that two seconds ago he had been running around like a looney with no switch off button xx

:rofl: A switch off button would be great!!

This is where i sound really impatient- because i know that a lot of ppl are waiting a lot longer than me, but hubby wants to wait "about a year". Theres no "about" about it- i will be holding him to that one year speech, down to the last second! :rofl: We've discussed why he wants to wait- he's only come up with 2 (crappy!!!) reasons: 1) He's too young (which he isnt- he's 26, n if we started trying this second, he's be 27 before it was born!!!!!!!!!) 2) Its too soon after making the gut wrenching decision to terminate a previous pregnancy (see my journal for the full story on that 1 :cry:. I dont believe it is too soon anyway. When i feel like it was the wrong decision to make, and i wish id kept it, and i want that more than anything, how can it be too soon? He says he doesnt want to sound like a hypocrite (sp?), but our situation has totally changed, and we are in the perfect situation to start a family.

I am feeling a bit better about it today tho. Not sure why. Perhaps i just shouldnt go out and cuddle any gorgeous babies for a bit? 8-[

Its too soon after making the gut wrenching decision to terminate a previous pregnancy
Oh sweetie BIG :hugs:

You know, December isn't that far away - just 8 months. We were meant to be TTC last August (on our Honeymoon) but DH said it wasn't the right time, and then it was in the New Year, blah blah blah, and then in the Summer. Arrrgghhh!!!

NOW I have pinned him down (and I really will do if it comes to it!) for the end of April. I know it seems like ages away, but it will go by really quickly. (There are some ladies on here who will be waiting that many years by the looks of it.)

You can do loads of reading and pre pregnancy planning (the bit a lot of women forget!) and start taking multi vitamins & folic acid and coming off the alcohol, getting more exercise etc, so your body is in the best possible shape for TTC in December and for carrying a pregnancy (and so that your body recovers more quickly after the birth) :bodyb:

Also, if you're anything like me and have already fallen in love with a particular Pram or set of nursery furntiure then it's a bloody good time to start saving, 'cos it doesn't come cheap!

P.S. Definitely stay away from gorgeous babies, they're bad news!

(Says me, who is moving in with her friend and gorgeous baby George in a week's time whilst we house hunt. Eeek!)

Major mental breakdown today!

Went to the baby's "red egg party" (kinda like a chinese christening) today. There were lots of families and babies there- the youngest was 3 weeks old! n so cute!!! Hubby was driving, so i was making use of the free wine!!! I could only just about hold it together as i got into the car, n i cried the entire hour n half journey back :cry:

I just wish we could start trying now. I know i cant force him into it- but it seems like all the majot decisions (house, marriage) ive been ready for 1st, n he's had to be persuaded a little, n then found out that he loved them! Why cant he see that this could be exactly the same? I know its a major decision, i know we're gonna do it 1 day anyway- so whats wrong with now?

Anyway, had a major heart to heart with hubby, n although i was too stressed/upset to remember specifics, i think we might be making progress. In the meantime, i'll just keep on waiting- along with you other lovely ladies in the same situation!

Anyone else wanna have a hissy with me??? :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You are not alone, in many ways I am even envious, as I have a similar deadline to TTC, but only iif I am well enough to do so. But I do understand, when you want to TTC you want it, and every minute seams a year.

I would personally keep away from babies and fill your time with all sorts of other things you like doing, hard I know, but once you do it everything gets easier, and time passes faster as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->