My bfp! But I’m not thrilled

Looney90

Reaction score
Hey ladies, yesterday I got my BFP in the afternoon on a grocery store (Heb) pregnancy test I was so excited to finally have my BFP, so I decided to go to the emergency room because I had an ectopic pregnancy a year or so ago, they did a urine test and it came out negative, she didn’t do no hcg by blood. I’m distraught like dang I was just pregnant a hr ago 😂😂😂...I left and she diagnosed me with possible appendicitis 🤦🏾*♀️🤦🏾*♀️🤦🏾*♀️... and they gave me pain meds by iv,I got home in so much pain like excruciating pain, so I said something not right! I remembered I had another pregnancy test,I took it and it came back positive!!! I just don’t know what to think at this point! Sorry I had to vent

Attachments

• 355F5223-DF96-43AA-BDF6-65C17375A1C5.jpg
    355F5223-DF96-43AA-BDF6-65C17375A1C5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
I’d go back to the emergency room with both tests and demand bloods and a scan to make sure it’s not another ectopic pregnancy. Better safe than sorry

I’m going to take another pregnancy test today, I didn’t start to have pain until they gave me the pain medicine! I was fine until then, now I just feel really sick with lower left stomach pain

The tests you have above look like the ones we have here that are Early result tests that can tell you like 5 days before a missed period. If that is the case I am assuming the hospital's test just isn't as sensitive (here in the USA the normal hospital test looks for 25 MIU to 50 MIU) and they should have given you a blood test BEFORE giving you pain killers which could be not great during pregnancy. Congrats on the pregnancy! Be excited :p

This is the test from less than 10 min ago

Attachments

• 317E8B25-BE16-40D7-8C13-73046C45A19C.jpg
    317E8B25-BE16-40D7-8C13-73046C45A19C.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 33
Yes you are definitely pregnant! That FRER is a very sensitive test also so the Hospital's test was looking for a higher level of the pregnancy hormone which you may not have had in your system yet. If you are still in a lot of pain I would maybe suggest going back.

Oh wow, there is no denying it. Defo go back. Better to be safe than sorry

Update: so I’m indeed pregnant!!! I went to the er my doctor do rounds at, and they checked my hcg level it was 83,did a ultrasound but didn’t find anything! I got my blood drawn on Saturday and my hcg level was 184!!! My doctor said as long as it’s dohbling it’s fine,that a ultrasound can’t pick up anything until levels are at least 1500.which I shall be this friday

Update: so I’m indeed pregnant!!! I went to the er my doctor do rounds at, and they checked my hcg level it was 83,did a ultrasound but didn’t find anything! I got my blood drawn on Saturday and my hcg level was 184!!! My doctor said as long as it’s dohbling it’s fine,that a ultrasound can’t pick up anything until levels are at least 1500.which I shall be this friday
Congratulations xxx

Congrats! So sorry about the drama you've had to go through to confirm you BFP!

Thank you so much ladies!!! I wish each of you BFP this cycle!! Loads of baby dust

What a rollercoaster! :lol: Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->