My birth announcement and story. SUCCESSFUL NATURAL VBAC

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
So, after an eager awaited induction after alll the crap i'd been through at the end of the pregnancy, i made my way (nervously) to the BRI after walking around bradford trying to use up some spare time and keep my mind off things, i ended up buying two summer dresses (very brave of me!) and they're gorgeous, they fit already, although i need to get rid of my wobbly belly.. =S...

So, i arrived at the hospital for 12pm as asked, was shown to my room which was lovely, and waited until 1pm, throughout that hour i'd had a CTG to check he was all good and get a bassline etc etc...Then at 1pm she gave me my 1st (and final) pessesery to 'kick start' things, 10 mins after it was given, i was already getting regular and quite painful contractions. By 1.30pm, i was ALREADY in established labour!!! I was getting 5 solid contractions in 10 mins almost right away and they only got stronger and stronger...At which point i was given paracetamol, and some codeine once she realised i really WAS in labour...once they showed no sign of taking the edge off these fast (but only short..) contractions, she ran me a hot bath which really helped, the water really helped me get through it, and so did christinas advice of the big red ball coming in and out on the sea...(THANKYOUU!) but then they started becoming really quite unbearable, and at this point i was starting to get quite vocal, so she came in and said i'd done really well spending so long in there and i was good to get out, once i got back into my room somehow four hours had already passed and she did an internal as i was BEGGING for an epidural (i really wasn't being brave!) she found i was 7cms and my waters went and popped there and then....The contractions as of then were back to back and so painful i was tearing the living hell out of the gas and air and screaming '****TT!' every so often, also 'noooooooo' about a thousand times *embarrasssing* I somehow managed to go from 7cms to fully dialated in 25 mins, and my body knew it, cause my god did i need to push...and NO ONE and NOTHING would stop me pushing!!!I have to say, contractions are much more bearable when you push with them......it took me just over half an hour of pushing to get him out, and his crowning seemed to last forever, i had a good feel (ERGH!) as i couldn't believe i'd actually gotten him to crown, i honestly thought he'd get stuck like oliver... so, after about 6-7 pushes, and me instinctively knowing when to breathe and not push (midwife was very impressed!) out came a whole 7lbs 1 oz of our long awaited trouble maker- Nicholas! 7 mins later my placenta followed after having the injection to assist, which i had a good look at, and my was i impressed! =D

I poo'd ALOT, i pee'd alot, i practically made a giant mess, but he was delivered onto my tummy and i breastfed him 20 mins after delivery, he latched on strait away and fed for 35 whole mins <3

I escaped with some nasty grazing, which i must admit are awful, and the after pains feel like really intense period cramps, which suck, but hey.

He's doing brilliantly, he's very placid but he has a big set of lungs and when he's upset he really belts it out... =S...

he pee'd on the baby doctor after he checked his testicles had come down as they should (muahaha) and he's passed his hearing test =D

I can proudly say i, a very small person, managed to delivery a baby thats considered big for me, but average for anyone else, WOO MEEE!

I wasn't brave, i asked for all pain relief possible, but i ended up using water and gas and air as pain relief and i'm really proud of myself, even though at the time i was begging someone (in my head) to kill me now.. :))

so there you go, My successful VBAC with gas and air and water...x
Here is a picture of our 7lb 1oz baby boy at home snug in his bouncer. :)

Attachments

• Nicholassss.jpg
    Nicholassss.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 97
Aww congratulations babe :hugs: he's gorgeous :) well done!! x

Congratulations hunny, been waiting for the birth announcement!! Well done on your VBAC xxx

Awwww Kat he's so tiny and stunning,congratulations babe xx

Awwww he's so little and cute!! Congratulations! What a nice story!!

Well done Kat, can't believe how quickly he came after your induction was started!!

I'm jealous of your graze too :haha:

And hello Nicholas! :wave: you are one gorgeous little boy! How is Ollie with him?

xxx

Congratulations!!!! So pleased for you that you got the birth you wanted after all of the rubbish you have had recently! I bet your little boy loves him!! Enjoy the little cutie!

I do also believe you are the first of the 10.6.11 'ers to deliver you jammy thing!!!! (so jealous)!! :) xxxxx

Huge congratulations, i'm so glad it all worked out so well for you in the end!! :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->