My birth story - first baby born 3 weeks early!!

Charlene_b_x

Reaction score
This is a few weeks late as I have been so busy the last few weeks

it all started on Thursday 20th may (I was 36 weeks 4 days) I woke up and noticed bloody show. I read that this can mean labour could start soon or within 2 weeks so I guessed it would be 2 weeks for me! Just to be on the safe side I went shopping and got my hospital bag.
The next day I woke up with dull period pains, I told my husband to go to work as it was probably nothing. Once he had gone I timed the pAins they were 7 mins apart I called my mum and she came
round by the time she got there they were 5 mind apart and within an hour they were 3 mins apart. Called triage who said to come in, also told hubby to get to hospital. On the way in the car contractionswere 2-3mins apart.
At hospital was checked and was 4cm dilated!! On the way to the hospital I still thought they would tell me I was in false labour.
Got taken to labour ward. I was a bit of a nightmare. The midwife kept trying to monitor the baby but I kept running away the contractions were coming fast and quick and I couldn't sit still, I walked or ran through every contraction! I really wanted an epidural but it was too late I was already 8cm! The pushing part was quick buy very very painful :-( my hubby luckily made it to the hospital on time and held my hand through the
whole thing. I ended up having 2 midwives through my labour as I was in such 'distress' - as it said in my notes. I really did say some silly things whilst in labour. P
I arrived at the hospital at 1pm and louie was born at 2.23pm so it happened very quickly. He weighed 6.1. Had to stay in overnight as baby was a bit early but everything was fine and I was glad I didn't need any stitches!

I'm loving being a mum and love my louie so much xxx

Well done! Congrats on lil Louie!

congrats on the birth of little louie! He is really gorgeous in your avatar! Such a quick labour for a first baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->