My Birth Story. Georgia is here!

Mercy2

Reaction score
Here's my birth story for the little princess that I thought was never gunna come out of there! lol! Team yellow turned team pink x

I had given in and convinced myself that I was gunna be forever pregnant! until......

I had the plug loss and pains that I mentioned yesterday morning, then within minutes of the last post I wrote, the pains were every 2-3 mins and VERY intense! I was trying my best to cope but Mat rang the Assessment unit and They said I should go in!

I rocked up and was immediately handed a Gas and Air tube cos she said I looked like I was ready for some lol! I was examined and she said I was already a good 6cm, but labour ward was FULL ARRGHHH!!! lol.
SO. I kneeled down on the floor, lent over the bed and me and mat were manageing to giggle and chat through the gaps inbetween contractions about how I'd have the baby on the assessment unit floor haha!

BUT luckily, they had a room come free and pretty soon I was wheeled up to the labour ward!
Not before annoucing very loud that "I felt Like a Tw*t" cos they opened the curtains before I got up and there were 3 other women and hubby's in there being checked watchin me moanin and half gigglin as I dragged myself up off the floor
I was quite happy with the kneeling on the floor against the bed thing, so I did that for a bit once I got up there, and sucked on the gas and air like My wee life depended on it lol!

Labour was progressing quickly and the midwife suggested that she didnt think I would take very long, They advised me to try Remifentanil ( kinda like pethadine, but very short acting. its on a PCA button so you only get it if YOU choose to have a dose). I figured it'd do no harm as if I didnt want it, I didnt have to press it! and at least it was there ready if I struggled to cope!

SO that sorted, I got up on the bed and adopted the same kneeling position but over the back of the bed!

I went on like this for an hour or two, and then contractions slowed slightly.
She examined me again and I was 7-8 cm, she popped my waters for me as Georgia was decending with them intact and poss what had slowed me down!, and within half an hour I was knelt over again and Ready to push my little monkey out! I felt her head coming down, and Then was hit by the unbearably strong sensation to push!

The MW was fantastic and talked me through how to do it to avoid ripping the scar from the 3rd degree tear I had with DS!
1st contraction I got her head almost out and she popped back in, then one more contraction and her head was born!!!
And within seconds and a couple of gentle pushes to ease out her shoulders and out splooooshed Georgia Celeste weighing 7lb8oz, with an ABSOLUTE TONNE of fluid. (so much for all the "low fluid scans" haha).

She lifted her up and let DH tell me that we had a little girl.
He cut the cord, and I struggled round to sit and take her for our first snuggle!

I didnt tear or even graze, which I was pretty impressed about as the tear with DS had been horrendous!
It seemed like such a short time Had passed between loosing my plug and having her in my arms, and I have to say it was the most amazing experience, I had no idea what to expect as I'd had an epidural with DS but I genuinely enjoyed every moment of feeling my little angel make her way into the world!

She is a fantastic little bundle, and although she seems to want to live on the breast, I'll let her off cos she's so pretty lol! She managed a 5hour stretch last night where we both slept!
I cant quite believe that 48 hours ago I was sat here in a proper grump, wishing that my bump would show me a clear sign that it was planning on popping soon! Now I am curled up in my PJ's, with DS in bed and a beautiful newborn snuffling and cooing away beside me! AND the most fantastic husband and Daddy in the world!!! AND today is our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

Lots of luck to all third tri mummy's to be,
TONNES of labour dust to all the ladies still needing it, and MASSIVE congratulations to all the other new mummies and babies x

LOVE to you all x x
Nikki x x

Awwwww congrats, what a great birth story .... i hope mine goes just as well xxx

Big Congratulations!!! Your story makes me a little less scared about labour...and I can see her on your avatar, and she is gorgeous!!

xxx

congrats on a safe labour hun :flower: she looks lovely from your avatar

Thats a really nice birth story and you sound lovely as well hun!
Wishing you and your family all the best x

aww congratz hun, and happy 4th wedding anniversary xx

Congratulations, what a brilliant labour xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl sounds like an amazing birth experience:cloud9::hugs:

wow Nikki what a lovely labour!! you did so well, especially laughing and joking omg i would be soo stressed if i was told there was no beds in labour ward for a bit lol.
Georgia is a good weight and sounds perfect.....especailly this 5hr sleeping!!

congrats :D

A huge congrats hun, about time, bless ya, she looks adorable and I love your story. xxxxx

what a beautiful Birth Story what an encouragement:flower: I am so happy that she is here and safe and so happy to see how you managed without any pain relief...Gives me strength

Well done on getting through with no epidural, you must feel so proud of yourself, as you should be! It sounds like you had an amazing experience! Georgia is beautiful, glad to hear you are all settling in so well.

Congrats!!!!!!

My LO lives on the breast as well. lol

Aww congrats! she looks beautiful, and what an amazing birth story. x

Congratulations and happy wedding anniversary - and what a lovely story! :flower:

Love love love biirth stories like this, helps with the fear tremendously!

Curious - what hospital where you in and did you try the Remifentanil at all? I'm going to the Ulster and I know they mentioned it. Hoping for their midwife unit anyway though!

Congrats again

x

Absolutely loved your story Nikki, congrats on your gorgeous girl and your wedding anniversary! x

Awww congratulations. Enjoy your little bundle :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->