My birth story. I was right refusing induction!

rosanna

Reaction score
So I finally had my baby!

It all started last Monday just after midnight. My BH contractions (I was having quite a lot of them during last couple of weeks) suddenly became more and more regular. Somehow I knew it was it! It was starting. I was so excited I couldn't sleep at all. Watching the movie and writing down the time and lenght of contractions for most of the night. At about 5.30 in the morning I felt I'm leaking. Jumped out of my brand new sofa to dont make a mess :) and run to the bathroom. It looked like my waters broke. An hour later I had contractions every 5 mins. They were still not very painfull but I thought I better wake up my man as he is a heavy sleeper and usually takes ages to get up. But when I told him my waters broke he jump on his feet immediately :).
We went to hospital about 7am, got booked into delivery suit, met our MW they asked me to climb up the bed and started ctg me and then all my contractions stopped... :( Typical I thought. MW called doctor and they said they are going to induce me. That was the last thing I wanted to hear. I was already 5 days after my due date and I refused the induction already 2 times hoping that the labour will start naturally for me.
I said I want to wait a bit longer this time too. To see if my contractions will be back. So at 10.30am MW examined me I was 2cm and they made a plan that they will examin me again at 1.30 and if there is no progress they will induce me anyway. Short after that I got off the bed and started jumping on birht ball. My contractions came back but they didnt belive me cause ctg didn't show it at all. In half and hour pain was so bad that I couldnt stand it! MW decided to examin me again - I was 8cm!!! All that in only half an hour. I think then they belived me finally. I got back on bed and the next half an hour was the worst half an hour in my life. I didnt get any pain relif as it was all happening too quick i didnt want gas and air. At 11.30 I was pushing. 11.37 my baby girl was born. Placenta another 4 mins and it was ALL OVER. I had my little star in my arms!
I knew I shouldn't be induced. Scary what could happen if they would speed it up then yet!
I've lost lots of blood, nearly 1litre and they couldn't stop bleeding for hours, so we spent all day in delivery suit, it was late evening when they let us go to the ward. But next day they let us go home.

It was hard, painfull, scary but sooo worth it!
I'm absolutely and totaly in love with my little daughter. Couldnt be happier :)

Congratulations and good lass for holding out on the induction. you sound like you did brilliantly xxx

Well done you :thumbup: Seen pictures on your other thread and she is beautiful congratulations :D xx

Congratulations and well done for sticking to your guns and following your instincts xx

Hats off to you no pain relief .. it can be done.

Congratulations

Congrats! I have to be induced because my gestational diabetes or I probably would refuse also. I loved the part when you said your husband jumped right out of bed, now that was funny lol. Enjoy your little one and don't forget to post some pics!

Good work that woman!!! Congratulations, saw pics on other thread and she is scrummy :thumbup:

that is awesome that you stuck to your guns, i think once you're in hospital midwives probably think it's easier to talk you into doing whatever they want.
congratulations!!

aww congratulations. sounds like you did amazingly :) x

Thanking you all! :)
I posted some pics here https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/485478-did-she-finally-arrived-pics.html

Congrats!

(PS - I moved your thread to the Birth Story/Announcement forum :flower:)

congrats on the birth of your little girl! Well done on a great birth and for standing up to the doctors and refusing induction. You obviously didn't need it and you knew that! Congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->