My Birth Story! Lily Joy 11.01.2010.

jenniferannex

Reaction score
sorry its abit long! lol

well, at 40+6 days pregnant i went to the midwfie for a sweep but was sent to hospital to be checked as i had high blood pressure and protein in my urine, got checked and they told me it was best to be induced, so i was induced by propess which was like a piece of string up there (tmi) lol! but nothing happend, the next day they induced me with gel, nothing happened! so 6 hours later i was induced again. i was in from the thursday and things started to happen on the sunday morning, i was in slow labour all day but still wasnt dilated and my cervix was still closed.
by 6 at night i was in tears as the contractions were getting that bad and nothing was happening, i was so fed up i asked for a ceserean, although when the midwife checked me she said i was ready to be taken up to the delivery suite to have my waters broken, i was relieved that things had started as i was getting myself worked up and upset. by this time i was 41+2 days.

after my waters had been broken they found out LO has pooed inside me which they said was normal as i was 10 days overdue, i was only 2cm dilated at this point so still had a long while to go. the contractions were coming every 3 minutes and lasting about 40 seconds, my OH was rubbing my back while i was on a birthing ball, which really helped me and i would recommend using one! i went 4 hours without pain relief as the longer u go without it the more u will benefit from it, but then asked for gas and air which calmed me down, after an hour it got too painful and i asked for an epidural, but couldnt have one as all docters had been rushed to theatre, so i had pethadine instead, which was usless!! didnt give me pain relief just made me talk jibberish to my OH, but it was funny! i went 2 hours without anything else but was still in pain, finally i had an epidural which gave me pain relief within 10 minutes, this didnt hurt atall, id say the pethadine injection hurt the most as it stung!

i had been in labour for about 8 hours but by this time i was still only 4 cm dilated and was told to just sleep and get ready for when i needed to push, i felt so relaxed and couldnt feel a thing, i slept on and off until about 9am monday morning, they came and checked me and i was 7cm dilated so they left me for another 3 hours, came back at 12 to check me and i was ready, but they gave me an hour for the epidural to wear off abit so i would beable to feel the pressure when pushing. they came back and i started pushing when every contraction came, sometime i couldnt feel when i was having one and she had to tell me, the pushing was hard work, more tiering than anything, but she was out in 25 minutes and then it was over, i had my beautiful little girl at 13.33pm monday afternoon, i was in labour for 18 hours and pushing for 25 mins.

i dont think its no where near as bad as some people make out but everyone is different and people have different births, the contractions were definatly the worst bit. mine wasnt too bad just quite long, ive forgot about the pain now and i did as soon as they passed me my little lady! she weighed 7lb 10oz and is perfect, i would go through it all again!

hope some of you find this useful! :thumbup: :flower:

Congrats :) I love ur attitude towards ur experience.

What a beautiful little girl - congrats!

aw wow you had quite the experiance. Im so glad everything was ok and you not have your LO though.

Congratulations.she is a little treasure!!

Im glad for your sake that you didnt have to go through with the c-section in the end. And I agree with you on the pethidine being useless for pain relief,but brilliant for comedy value.my OH just went along with my ramblings coz it was easier than trying to figure out what I was going on about.haha :rofl:

Thanks everyone! Only just looked back on this thread! Lol ahh memories :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->