My birth story :-p x

poppymist

mum of 3 expecting #4
Reaction score
Hi ya right i thought i would share my birth story with you... it's taken a while for me to tell you all as my lil man is nearly 10 weeks old now but here we go.

Dominic was due on the 25-04-2011 which was bank holiday monday but i went through the whole day and nothing so the next day Tuesday the 26-04-2011 i went to see my consultant and they done a sweep for me whilst doing the sweep they told me that i was already 2-3cms dilated however this could have been because of my previous births, well hearing this i was happy and before leaving i was given an induction date for 10 days later. As soon as i left the hospital after the sweep i was feeling quite uncomfortable but i put this down to my SPD, come 3pm i went to collect my kids from school and i started having slight crampy feelings but again thought nothing of it so carried on i went shopping, then went home and cooked dinner bathed my 2 year old and carried him to bed at this point i found myself having to breathe through the pain of the cramps so i decided to get in the bath ( i still thought nothing of the cramps i thought they were due to my SPD or BH ) as soon as i got in the bath the cramps stopped i stayed in the bath for about an hour as soon as i stepped out of the bath the pain was immense i could hardly walk i knew some thing was then happening this was at 8.45pm'ish i phoned my midwife who told me to get to the hospital asap so i phoned my mum to take me and my gorgeous kids got me downstairs with all my bags and then they were collected by my mother in law .... my hubby was at work on nights so i phoned him to let him know what was happening it takes him an hour to get back from work to the hospital so he needed to hurry lol. I was collected and taken to the hospital i got there and was told i was only 3 cm dilated i was then feeling tonnes of pressure and was re examined 30 mins later and i was 7cm dilated ( this is when my hubbyturned up) my waters hadn't broken so they broke them for me at 7cm and straight away i went to 10 cm and my babe was ready to come out it happened so fast 4 pushes and he was here.... he was born within 4 hours of starting labour he was 6lb 14oz. I had a fab labour how ever it took me a while to get my head round it as i couldn't get over how fast it all happened he is gorgeous i love him so much and i have had a c section and 2 previous natural births but with an epidural as i didn't think i could handle the pain and i was planning on having another one with my 4 birth but cause it happened so fast all i had was gas n air and i tell ya what i am so glad i was able to experience it, it was amazing it hurt not gonna lie but amazing at the same time. thank you for letting me share this with you. x

Congratulations, so glad it was so quick for you :thumbup:

Congrats!! :) Glad everything went so well even without the epidural.

wow, congratulations on your new addition to your family and on managing a natural birth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->