My Birth Story! The Birth Of Lucas Oliver.

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
Tuesday 26th October, i was getting Braxton Hicks but they were gradually getting slightly painful.
I had an appointment with my consultant about some problems which had occurred in the latter stages of pregnancy (Baby was measuring small for dates, Low amniotic fluid and the placenta was aging). I was dut to be induced Wed 27th. He checked me over and said, "everything seems fine although your uterus seems a bit active" so he put me on the CTG monitor for 20mins. The midwife involved said the contractions were starting to look more regular and that i might be starting to 'niggle'. So without them spelling it out to me, they were basically were saying i was in very early stages of labour.
I went home, Mum & Dad were visiting me and i knew this was close to the day and luckily i might not have to be induced!
Tuesday night pain starting to get slowly worse, i got a bath, that made things worse, i tried to sleep that night but it was nearly impossible with contractions every 8 mins. I remember calling hospital at 12am but they told me to wait until the morning which i did. Called them to make an appointment to go in anyway for induction, i would be checked and if it wasn't needed then all the better. Got up, dressed, had alot of bloody plug.
Got to anti-natal ward 9:30am, they CTG me and checked my cervix at 12:45pm (4-5cm). Everyone on anti-natal ward were well suprised i was due to be induced today but didn't need to! I was moved to labour ward about 1:30pm, OH went to get me food. My Midwife came and introduced herself, she was with a young trainee. She said she would check my cervix again 4 hours from the first check.
So she did and by then i was 7cm and she broke my waters! (4:45pm) The contractions started getting stronger from then on and after about half an hour i decided to start gas & air. I didn't quite get the hang of it until much later on, by 6:50pm the midwife had to talk me through it as i wasn't breathing it through the whole contraction. By this time i could feel the pressure building up in my bottom and by 7:15pm the midwife told OH she was going to go and get some bits ready as baby was on his way!
I wanted to deliver on the floor facing and holding the bed but after a few pushes babies heart rate dropped to 75BPM so they got me to lie on the bed on my side and push. The rest is a bit of a blur but a couple of doctors came in the assess the situation but after a couple more pushes on the bed he was born. 7:52pm, Lucas Oliver was born weighing just 5lbs 8oz, i was so proud of myself. I had 2nd degree tear inside which was stitched up. He is gorgeous and myself and OH are on :cloud9:
He is 1 week 1 day old now and breastfeeding well. We love him!

Attachments

• just been born.jpg
    just been born.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Born.jpg
    Born.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Lucas.jpg
    Lucas.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Lucas 1 week.jpg
    Lucas 1 week.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 39
Awwwww look at him, lil man with a too-big hat! :cloud9: :cloud9: TOO sweet, congrats hon, very well done!!!
:flower:

wow congratulations lizzy, he is so adorable and tiny. my little man seems massive against him!

Ahh, glad he came on his own accord in the end, he is lovely xx

Congrats on the birth of Lucas! He's just so adorable!

Thanks, cannot believe he is nearly 3 weeks old already!

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"