My birth story- updated with pics

Mummy2Asher

mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
So Tristan is fast asleep so I thought I'd write my birth story while I have spare time!
So started on Sunday with my waters breaking! Such a shock! It was huge gush which just wouldn't stop! So we went to labour to be told we were waitig till thurs morning at the earliest to get induced if we didn't go into labour naturally.
Had a few pains in the night not nothing really regular. At 12pm we went for some walks and then at 3pm we turned up for an induction. This was arranged becuase my husband rang the consultant who agreed we shouldn't wait 96hours with previous group b strep. I didn't want to play the 'doctor' card but they were risking my babies life so hubby did what was needed and the consultant agreed we shouldn't of been told we would be left 96hour as there policy is 24hours!
Ok so at labour ward we were on the monitor and contractions every 5mins and starting to get regular, had a VE and was 2-3cm so off we went for a walk. This was about 4.30pm. Walking through contractions were easy and then we headed back to labour ward as I felt the need to push! They were so busy we didn't get seen till 6pm as out midwife was delivering another baby. Then I was really panicking but she came and we were only 4cm and baby was back to back making me want to poo. Contractions were then awful and I pushed and groaned through them and out came tristan at
6.55pm! He came out with his hand above his head like he was waving and I only had a 1st degree tear with no stitches! Amazin after my 3rd degree last time.
He's breastfeeding like a star, he had an injection of penicillin due to group b strep and he has been so calm and placid, very much like my husband!
We are allowed to go home at 7pm tonight but only if he does a wee. I hope so cuz it's so noisey in here. We are next to a baby who is very unsettled and screams all the time, poor baby :(

Oh came back to writing and he's now done a wee! Yay! So should deffinately go home at 7pm. My midwife was lovely and oh got to stay overnight! Didn't know they did that!
I feel great now, a bit painful cramps and I'm scared of going for a poo but apart from that o couldn't be happier :D I have 2 amazing sons now!
Good luck ladies!

update, got home at 7pm like planned :) Tristan is feeding soo much my breasts, well nipples are so sore and cracked already!
also forgot to add he was onlt 7lbs 14oz after my scans said he would be huge! xx

Ps I'll add photos 2night when u get home, I look awful but he is such a cutie!!!

Congratulations! Glad all is well. Hope the time till 7pm goes quickly so you can get home and comfy. :flower:

Ah, great birth story and glad all is well!

Sounds like you are staying next to a baby like my DS was, I felt so sorry for all the women having to listen to DS scream all night.

Hope your little boy loves having a little brother, we are expecting our 2nd DS and I cant wait, DS is so excited and Im even more excited because I know he is going to have brother :)

Awww well done hun :flower: so glad to here u had a good labour! Can't wait to see pics :) x

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you :flower: ....and if going to the toilet scares you, I can recommend poo softeners (teas and tablets which you can get in any pharmacy) It really helped me :flower:

congratulations hun, glad all is well xx

awww congratulations hun so glad to hear yr baby is here safe and sound!!! cant wait for pics x

aww sweetheart well done!!! fingers crossed youre home tonight....to show us all pics :p xx

Really well done you - back to back birth and all! :wacko:

Glad everything is well and you're both fine.. Total bonus that OH got to stay overnight with you :thumbup:

Congratulamations! So happy for you xx :hugs::flower::thumbup:

so many congratulations! your little boy is absolutely adorable! and i love the picture of him getting a kiss from his big brother...priceless. hope youre recovering well and enjoying your first days with little Tristan :)

congrats, such a speedy birth. Glad to hear you are home now. Tristan is gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->