My Birth Story - very good first time expiriance

purapura

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first baby boy 10 days ago at 38w + 4d weighing 7lbs 9oz and only now have a bit of time to write my birth story for you.

Just to add-
1. I had SPD and was really cOncern, but surprised to find out that it wasn't effecting me much. And now, 10 pp, almost all the pains are gone!
2. I gained 44 lbs b this pregnancy (20 kg) and so for lost 10kg/22 lbs! I can see the difference every day!

So here we go:

12 August 2011 (38+2)

No pains, no signs, nothing, not even one BH...

13 August 2011 (38+3)

I woke up at 05:20 with strong pains in the belly, but soon I real zed these where contractions, they where strong and came 10 min apart. So I got up and as I went downstairs to prepare breakfast, they started to come every 15-20 min. After breakfast, they came every 30 min. I went to the toilet, and had some blood, but no mucous. So I called the hospital and they told me to come in. 08:30 went to the hospital,and after a short check, they told me the blood was my bloody show. On the way to the hospital, my contraction died off. :shrug: When I saw the doctor, he told me that I am not dilated, and he does not expect me to give birth any time soon. I was released from the hospital at 11:00 am. By this point I was using my tens machine which was soooo helpful.
I came home, had lunch and went for a 20 min walk, during which I had 2 contractions but nothing as I returned home. Cleaned the house a bit and then went for another 20 min walk, had another 3 contraction. Came home and went to sleep at 15:30 to wake up at 16:45 with strong contractions- that died the moment I got up. I took hubby for a hour and a half walk which brought more contractions, that came every 10 minutes. When I came home, I started bouncing on my ball, and the contraction started to come every 5 min for 2 hours, then 3-4 min apart for another hour. By 23:00 I realised my contraction where 2-3 min apart, so we called the hospital, and where tale to come in. Arrived at the hospital around midnight, and the contractions eased off. Was examined by 00:30, and tale I was 3 cm dilated. :growlmad:

I was given G&A (hubby said I was talking so much rubbish.. ooops) and left alone until 04:30. At 04:30 was told I was 5cm or a bit more. so was left alone until 08:30. Had some more mucous and blood around 06:30.
At 08:30 was told I was 5 cm dilated, so I was left alone for another 4 hours.
Was checked again at 12:30 at still 5 cm, in which point the MW broke my waters and I was tale that if I will not dilate more in next 2 hours, I will be given a drip... My contraction where still every 3-5 min apart. at 16:30 I was still 5cm so the doctor was called in to give me the drip, and so I asked for epidural, as I was sure it will be a very long day and night, and I was already existed.

I was given epidural at 16:30, and at 16:35 I could not feel my lower body at all. At 16:37 I could not feel my upper body... I was not even able to speak, or move my hands. Baby's hb dropped to 80 but recovered very quickly.
I was checked again after 2 hours (18:30, and was 8cm :happydance: so they stopped the epidural.
Was checked again at 19:10 and was 9-10 cm. at 19:45 was told to push. Contractions were coming non stop now, and where much stronger as I was on bed. I could feel them in my back, hips and belly.
I was pushing about 10 times, and he was born, at 12:12, after 30 min of pushing! He was so blue and so cute... and it was an amazing experience!
got the injection and the cord was cut. I was laying there with my baby, as I was taking care off. Had 2 tears, because my boy came with his hands on his face.

ok, gotta run and feed!
Good luck you all.... its worth everything!!! :kiss: :hugs:

Big congratulations, a long but not too traumatic labour, totally worth it... well done you!! x

congrats hun :) so nice to hear of a first timer going into labour slightly early lol, gives me hope for all those people who keep telling me 'ooo your first always goes late' xx

Thanks ladies. it was really really good first time experience and I am more then ready to go trough this all again one more time (at least)

Yay for you and Liam! Great story and I'm glad it went well for you. Congratulations again! :flower:

Xxx

Well done Vera - lovely story of the birth of baby Liam! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back