My Birth Story! (very long)

nikkia08

Mummy of 2 boys! :)
Reaction score
Well sorry its taken so long, havnt had the time! :wacko:

Dont know exactly where to start so sorry if this gets a little confusing!

On the 4th April I went for a nice hot bath to try and bring labour on (was due on the 1st) Came downstairs after and while and i was in the kitchen when a little trickle came away, didnt hear a pop or any sensation just saw it on the floor. As im so stubborn thought to myself its probably just water from the bath and id wait to see if contractions started. Put a pad on just incase and noticed a few pinkish stains over next couple of days.

On 6th I was due a sweep so mentioned it to MW when she came round, she had a feel and said that my hind waters had gone and there was only a little of my front waters left! I was also 4cm dilated and having contractions which i couldnt really feel so although she managed to do a sweep she booked me into hospital for that night. (We were hoping id go into labour during the day)

Got a lift to my mums and spent about an hour crying that I had to go to hospital for nothing.... little did i know!

Arrived at hospital about 4pm and was told to go straight to delivery, I was put in the same room i had my first son in! Mw there asked a few questions and without even checkig me decided to put me on the sintocin drip to bring my contractions on was so strange sitting in a hospital gown on the delivery bed when i felt nothing! Contractions started at about 6.30pm and progressed really quickly, had decided i didnt want an epidural as i wanted to get home as soon as i could so just used the gas and air, it was fantastic!

Not really much else happened apart from the contractions getting horribly painful, couldnt sit still! was writhing about the bed constantly! haha. I kept screaming there was too much pressure and MW kept telling me this was normal as id had an epidural with my first and wouldnt have felt it.... she was wrong :( I begged them to examine me at 9pm and reluctantly they did, was 7-8cm by now and begging them for an epidural... it was to late! :cry: Again at 11pm i begged them to examine me as the pressure was unbelievable but didnt have the urge to push. Turns out some of my membranes were still intact and thats where the pressure had been coming from! Poor baby was trying to get out but couldnt get past the bag of waters! :growlmad: Wasnt happy at MW but held my anger in!

MW popped what was left of my waters and i didnt even have a chance to say before the head was out! MW was rushing trying to get everything ready, she told me to stop pushing and start panting which i did but i wasnt pushing in the first place! Baby just came shooting out, she nearly never caught him!!! He was born at 11.11pm. All together i was 5 hours in labour and 3 mins from crowning to him been born. Was a huge difference from my 29 hour labour first time round! :haha:

I had a look to see what my baby was, and started crying shouting its a girl... i was wrong this time mustve missed his bits cos i had a lovely 7lb 9oz boy. (i secretly wanted another boy) Hes perfect!

Unfortunatly me hoping to get home quick didnt happen as because my water broke way before he was born he picked up a small infection and we were in hospital for a week. So much for my no epidural idea but im glad i experienced every bit of pain. It was very sore but so amazing! Ive probably missed bits out, it happened so quick! sorry.

Liam Allan Mackay born at 11.11pm, 7lb 9oz :happydance:

Attachments

• SDC11597.jpg
    SDC11597.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 25
  • SDC11642.jpg
    SDC11642.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 28
  • SDC11591.jpg
    SDC11591.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 13
great story - I have that star baby gro - cannot wait to see my LO in it!!

Congratulations!
x

Great story chick congrats he is gorgeous!!!

xoxo

Wow, what a great shorter labor for you this time! That's amazing how quick baby came after they broke your waters. Bet you were wishing they paid attention to you instead of thinking they know all that's going on! Congratulations on getting the little boy you wanted, and he's ever so adorable :)

Lovely story huni thanks for sharing. Your lil' man is gorgeous :D Congratulations :flower: x

Thanks for sharing, what a beautiful little boy :) Congratulations!

Born at 11:11 too... very lucky! xx

Congrats on your little boy, he's gorgeous and well done for getting through without an epi! Your other son looks well chuffed with his little brother! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->