My Birth Story :)

Kirsti

MumOf3Boys And Pregnant!
Reaction score
I dont know if im allowed to post this as i had my last baby in sep 08?! But i wanted to share my boys births? If thats ok?
Feel free admin to delete if its not to be in here?!

Well il start with my first obv!
I was 37 weeks EXACTLY when i went for a normal check-up. I had a scan all very normal but was told there and then you are going to be induced in a weeks time as your babies stomach has stopped growing! I was like right ok then better get prepared!
So i went home. And as usual for a friday me and my OH went for our food shopping went for a few bits for baby and went out to dinner. I knew i felt awful but i just kept going. We got home at half 8 and i went straight to bed.
I woke at 12am with sharp pains in my back and thought oh ok this is sore. It felt more like it was going to be gas than anything else?! How ever i went back to bed and just tried to sleep. I woke every hour till 7 when OH said right whats up i think your in labour.
I phoned midwive and she sent me up to our hospital.
When i arrived i was only 1cm. And yes it was a little bit sore but in my eyes it was him being back to back that was sore!
Ok so i was put through to the maternity ward and told to get some sleep. I done this and till about 3pm. A midwife came through to ask if i wanted to go for a bath and i agreed but asked them to check me first because i felt a bit further on. Turns out i was right to i was 7cm! Midwife sent me back through to labour ward. I got on to bed and waters broke! I thought it was time for some gas and air! Things progressed perfect until 9pm when i felt ready to push.
9.15 PM My eldest son Zak Thomas Kenneth Crossan was born weighing 6lb 6oz and perfect!!!
His labour was perfect in my eyes. Would do it all over again!!!

OK so next is my second!

I was 40+4 weeks and started to get blurry vision headaches and swelling. I was told to go to my hospital where my blood pressure was checked and i was told I was going to be induced! Which i thought ACE i was fed up and had been pregnant for nearly 18 months as i fell pregnant with my second just 5 weeks after Zaks birth!
Anyway i was giving the gel at 6pm and told to go for a walk. Then it got to ten oclock and nothing so OH got ready to go to bed and we were in the room watching tv. At 11pm i remember so well as i was about to go to bed after watching The secret diary of a call girl! And my Waters broke!!
I was took through to the labour ward and was 3cm. I had no pain releif not even gas and air as i was sick with it!
It went on like this till 6am and i felt like i needed to push! but was only 8 cm and they were starting to worry. Babys heartbeat was dropping so had to get the monitor put on to babys head through like electorods (i think!) And it was starting to get worrying :(
At 9 am i was tired and just wanted him to come! and now i was FINALLY ready to push. I was pushing for what seemed like forever! And his head was just about out and the midwive told me AS i was pushing babys cord is tight round his neck and he was blue! well il admit it i started hyperventatling and couldnt physically move i thought my baby was going to die!
He finally came out but he was blue and not breathing. For what seemed hours when it was actually seconds he let out and almighty scream!
At 9.50am Charlie Malcolm James Crossan weighing 7lb8oz was welcomed into the world!!

I am a PROUD PROUD mummy!
and looking forward to sharing my third birth!!

Hope i didnt bore you all!!!

Oh there birth dates are
Zak 3RD Nov 2007
Charlie 19TH Sep 2008 xxx

those both sound like good births. you were brave to have a second so close to your first.

Aww your most definitely allowed to post the stories! Congrats on your sons and also on your latest pregnancy!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->